Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2019, 13:15   #1

Looking for crewing position Winter 2019/2020

Looking to crew on a sail boat anywhere from two to four months this winter 19/20 between November and May. Hello, my name is Bart, a 57 year old healthy and fit Canadian. I have my ASA 101/103/104. In the last six years I crewed a couple of weeks on a 37 footer off the coast here in British Columbia. In the summer of 2013 I crewed for 7 weeks on a 27 footer, sailing the inside passage from Juneau, Alaska to Olympia, Washington. In 2014 I was part of a delivery crew sailing a 51 footer from Panama to Tahiti, with stop overs at the Galapagos Islands and the Marquesas. And in 2018 I sailed a 35 foot Baba, with its owner, from New Zealand to Seattle Washington. Over a three months journey with stop overs in Tahiti and Hawaii. I am open to any blue water adventure. I work hard and am easy to get along with. I live on a vegetable based diet, but do not shy away from cooking a burger for someone else. Also a licensed PADI Dive Instructor. If you need a reliable crew member please keep me in mind. Starting and finishing points can be anywhere in the world.

Resume: Served in the Dutch military. Tour of duty in Lebanon with the UN peace keeping forces. A trans-Africa expedition leader, crossed the Sahara on several occasions, lead safaris in east Africa and spent months in Egypt running shorter tours. Ecology degree from the University of Calgary. Bartender, tour bus driver, environmental consultant, motel, campground and resort owner. Now semi retired and driving tour buses again.

Love sailing and diving. Married for 33 years, wife not at all interested in sailing and we have a 25 year old daughter.
Travell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:46   #2

Boat: 56' CNSO Mikado Cutter Ketch
Re: Looking for crewing position Winter 2019/2020

Hi Bart,

I might be looking for a crew member for the next leg of our Florida to San Francisco via the Panama Canal trip.

The boat is currently in Rio Dulce, Guatemala. We're planning on leaving in January.

We do not have a rock solid agenda but thinking stops in Roatan, Isla Providencia, San Blas, Panama, Hawaii then US west coast wherever the trade winds take us north of SF.

Solace is a very well appointed and maintained 56' cutter ketch with 3 private cabins. Right now I'm taking advantage of the low labor rates and high quality yacht service available in the Rio Dulce during hurricane season.

If this opportunity interests you we could start a conversation :-)

Thanks,

Jeff
321-607-4280
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 14:26   #3

Boat: Hunter Legend 350

Hey Bart,
I am also Canadian, have a 350 Hunter Legend in Ft Pierce, will be taking the
canal across to FT Myers then sailing the Gulf coast till April. Also I am retired
from The Canadian Navy and also have the bug. Give me a shoot at cdmacdon2012@gmail.com

Cheers
BlackMac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 21:40   #4

How long will this trip take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado View Post
Hi Bart,

I might be looking for a crew member for the next leg of our Florida to San Francisco via the Panama Canal trip.

The boat is currently in Rio Dulce, Guatemala. We're planning on leaving in January.

We do not have a rock solid agenda but thinking stops in Roatan, Isla Providencia, San Blas, Panama, Hawaii then US west coast wherever the trade winds take us north of SF.

Solace is a very well appointed and maintained 56' cutter ketch with 3 private cabins. Right now I'm taking advantage of the low labor rates and high quality yacht service available in the Rio Dulce during hurricane season.

If this opportunity interests you we could start a conversation :-)

Thanks,

Jeff
321-607-4280
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crewing