Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2019, 09:44   #1

looking for a boat starting mid November going anywhere

After sailing on smaller boats throughout my childhood I have now decided, it was time for me to take a bigger leap and try to sail longer distances. Only ever having spent time overnight on a boat under the supervision of a skipper, I am now looking for an opportunity to learn, sail and laugh my way across this planet.
Recently I graduated from the Technical University Munich in the field of Technology and Management. I am a fun, easygoing, open-minded guy, who is eager to learn and spend as much time in and on the water as possible. I have a strong passion for Scuba diving and hoping to get some dives in along the way. Generally speaking, I am a clean person who has lived together with other Students for the last couple of years and loves working as part of a team.
I am available from mid. November for as long as possible and as far as possible. Ideally, I would love to start somewhere around the Mediterranean sea, but as I don't really have anywhere to be until next September, I am open to everything. My goal is to gain experience on how to safely sail across the world's biggest ponds and having a great time while doing so.
Thank you so much for your time. If you know anyone you could refer me to, any help would be highly appreciated.
Felix Brandes, 23 yo, M, German
felixbrandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 10:08   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler
Re: looking for a boat starting mid November going anywhere

Welcome to the forum, Felix.

Have you considered taking your own small step? Lots of people on this forum own or used to own boats in the eight-ten meter range, good for coasting and overnights. Some of them move on to bigger boats, and some of them move on to doing things that scare me in their first boat...
Old 23-09-2019, 10:31   #3

Re: looking for a boat starting mid November going anywhere

Thank you very much.

I have done my share of short distance sailing on smaller boats and am now looking for an opportunity to go on a sailing adventure outside of my immediate comfort zone. Therefore I am more than willing to contribute my resources and hoping to find some fun people, looking for an extra set of eager hands and learn something along the way.
felixbrandes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat