Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2016, 14:15   #1

July 4th Open Ocean Adventure

Looking for confident sailor to join a team of two in a first mate like role. I have one sailor greenhorn with me and myself. I sailed the American West coast South last year from Seattle, looking to complete the journey back up. Sailing Vessel is in Coos Bay Oregon now. Will be heading down this weekend to secure her and sail north to Seattle, WA. Elliot bay Marina.

Vessel is a 2001 37' Sun Odyssey with some modest upgrades. Will need sleeping gear and your own fowlies/sailing gear. I can provide life vests, jacklines, gumby suit, food, flight etc..

Will be a non stop trip with night watch for 4 days (488 NM). Weather is holding around 5-20 knot NW and W winds along the coast. 2-5 swell/wind wave combo Will head at around 40 out at an angle and make our way adapting as needed. Hope you can make it for a July 4th Adventure!
Old 30-06-2016, 10:36   #2

Boat: 1973 27' Cal T/2
Re: July 4th Open Ocean Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmj80 View Post
Looking for confident sailor to join a team of two in a first mate like role. I have one sailor greenhorn with me and myself. I sailed the American West coast South last year from Seattle, looking to complete the journey back up. Sailing Vessel is in Coos Bay Oregon now. Will be heading down this weekend to secure her and sail north to Seattle, WA. Elliot bay Marina.

Vessel is a 2001 37' Sun Odyssey with some modest upgrades. Will need sleeping gear and your own fowlies/sailing gear. I can provide life vests, jacklines, gumby suit, food, flight etc..

Will be a non stop trip with night watch for 4 days (488 NM). Weather is holding around 5-20 knot NW and W winds along the coast. 2-5 swell/wind wave combo Will head at around 40 out at an angle and make our way adapting as needed. Hope you can make it for a July 4th Adventure!
Sent you a PM.
Old 30-06-2016, 15:30   #3

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I crewed for Cruisers Forum member "S/V Beth" from Warrenton to Friday's Harbor. Would offer my services except I already have plans for this weekend. I'll send you a PM in case you are planning future trips.
Old 30-06-2016, 23:32   #4

I am a pensioner with great taste of the sea and so much time available. I spent most of life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. log trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to PanamaouldThanks - See more at: CREWBAY - Find crew, sailing crew, boat crew, yacht crew