Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2017, 14:05   #1
cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Skeeko
Join our charter

Couple looking to share our charter boat sometime in the coming year. Used to the Caribbean but open to other ideas. Not a paid crew, just someone to come along and help with the normal daily activities.
Skeeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 08:50   #2

Re: Join our charter

My name is Paolo, and I am a good chef who specializes in italian food. The wanderlust has got me. I'm traveling from 1 year in Us and Mexico but I am open to exploring new opportunities anywhere.
My most recent placements have been onboard photography, snorkeling and wilderness charters. I'm currently serving fine dining on a restaurant located in Miami, Florida.
My duties include:
- Provisioning, prepping, cooking and serving meals plus snacks and dessert for guests.
- Being the hostess for our guests.
- Instructing and assisting guests.
- Keeping the boat tidy while we have guests onboard and deep cleaning between groups
- Helping the captain and mate with basic deckhand duties, keeping the decks clean
I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have sailed a very short time, I wanna know the basics and learn fast.
I have the ability to befriend people of all ages and from all walks of life. I enjoy getting to know new people and forming connections with the people I feed. I am tidy, respectful, and try my best to maintain an upbeat attitude. I love to eat delicious food, have a laugh with friends, and generally just enjoy life.
My biggest areas of interest trying a sailing chance for future are Caribbean or French Polynesia, but I could be flexible if a great opportunity presents itself.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!

A little about myself, my interests and my plans
- confident swimmer, rarely/unlikely seasick, good listener, good communicator, no body piercings, no facial piercings, travel light (little luggage), respectful, fit & healthy, friendly, polite, LGBTIQ accepting, diligent, positive outlook, skilled, organised, trustworthy, open minded, enthusiastic, easy going, sense of humor, available on my own, enjoy cooking, don't mind cleaning, can follow orders, enjoy teaching, live on little money
- I left my place and have been having a need exploring new places... and exploring these places from the sea is a new favorite way to see them! My plans are currently pretty flexible if I finish my season in Florida this time.

My motivation and reasons to crew on a boat
- share experience, visit remote places, seek adventure, fulfill a dream, face challenges, finding myself, gain experience, learn to sail, sustainable travel, travel
- The SEA is my happy place! I grew up near the beach and have been swimming since I was barely walking. I love the sea and would love to spend time on a boat.
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 17:12   #3

Boat: CSY 44 Pilothouse Ketch

Hi, I am interested and have a very flexible schedule. I am partial to the Bahamas, but would also love to explore the caribbean. Sending details in PM.
Thanks
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 05:21   #4

We may be interested, though we do have inquiries out there for other opportunities.
Could you provide more information, as to dates, experience, requirements/restrictions, etc.
Steve
P3sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:57   #5

I’m interested. I have several ASA certifications and catamaran experience. Tell me more please.
SailfromIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:10   #6

Hi,
What sort of boat are you sailing? I could use some sea time as well as some chill time. Forward details when you have a minute.

Thanks in advance.
-Greg.
design360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 16:19   #7

We are interested. We are a couple, early to mid-60s, both are ASA 101, 103, 104 certified. Experience on US lakes, Italian coast, Caribbean, Maine. Flexible at this point in terms of timing so let us know. - Nick
RealSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 16:39   #8

Boat: 1984 Pearson 386

My wife and I are interested. We have no certifications, don’t know the proper names for most parts on a boat, and have never crossed an ocean. We have, however, sailed/motored from Annapolis to Tampa, sail lakes around Denver all summer long for the last two years, aspire to a circumnavigation, and are two of the funnest, most conversant people you’ve ever met. Interested?
DenverSailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 16:18   #9

Hi there,

I'm a 24yr engineer and actor in San Francisco looking to get more sailing experience. I'd love to help out with any activities in exchange for the learning opportunity of being aboard. Currently I have 1yr sailing experience.
JPLewis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter