Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2018, 16:21   #1

Boat: Boatless
Japan to Alaska in June

I have a crew spot available, Osaka Japan to Sitka Alaska in June And July.

Well equipped Tayana 55 with a very experienced Capt. I pay all food and boat expenses...you pay own travel.

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
s/v Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 20:36   #2

Location: Lived in Switzerland. Traveled over 3 years in Asia
Re: Japan to Alaska in June

Hey Phil,
I was looking since a half year that a boat going up to Alaska from Japan. I also considered to go from Canada up to the land of my dreams.
Some of my sailing friends are already in Kushiro, Japan. But sadly they don't have any space left for me. I am flexible and would love to join you on this trip. I just finished a sailing trip around south east Asia which took me 7 months and been over 6000 nautical miles I been on sea in total. It would be great to hear from you soon. Cheers Marc
my mail would be. marc point amstad at gmx point ch
Marc O Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 20:39   #3

Hi Phil,

(I am posting here, as for some reason I cannot PM you)

That sounds like an amazing trip and I would very much like to join you.

I am in Indonesia now, but plan to travel up to Japan early May. Could you please send me a more detailed itinerary?

A bit about me:

I am 42, male and from Denmark.

I have completed the theoretical part of the Danish Sail Navigation Test, but never gotten around to do the actual practical part of the test.

My practical sailing experience consists of having sailed from Cairns to Sydney on two different 30 feet yachts, the last leg from Gladstone to Sydney off-shore to get the drift of the South Australian current and in fairly bad weather (3m waves and 3m swell, doing 14 knots)

I hold a Padi Advanced Open Water diving certificate.

In addition, I am very good at fixing and building things (electronic, mechanical, wooden, computers, piping, come what may) which often come in handy.

I have studied medicine for one year and is a qualified nurse substitute (meaning that in a hospital, I can only work under supervision), but as part of this I have an extended first aid course, just as I extensive emergency medicine experience from several years of trekking in Nepal, South America, Canada, NZ and Africa.

I work as a travel photographer and freelance tour leader for four of the main Danish Tour Operators and have now visited more than 47 countries on all continents, save for Antarctica, and spent - if all is added up - perhaps a total of 13 years travelling since 1995. I last visited Alaska in 2000 and northern British Columbia in 2016.

I don't expect you can read Danish, but perhaps google-translate can help you through my profile page at one of the tour operators I work for; if you are interested, you can have a look at:

https://www.viktorsfarmor.dk/rejsele...istian-thordal

Besides all this, I am an excellent cook and fun to be around. Formally, I also hold degrees in Economics, Philosophy and Anthropology, which sometimes lead to interesting conversations over a glass of red wine.

I hope to hear from you!

Christian Thordal, Denmark
skypeID: christian.thordal
Thordal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 20:42   #4

Boat: Custom 55

Send me a PM if you get to Dutch Harbor. I'm in about once a week in June.

Tags
alaska, Japan