Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 13:14   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 31
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

I do not advertise the Canary Islands, but If you have a choice between Canary Islands and Cape Verde I think you will choose the Canary Island. Also you must to know that even European democracy and state system today is completely doubtful. Do you want to check African democracy and state system on your own skin? Good luck with this!
__________________

Atravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 14:40   #17
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 23,277
Images: 2
pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

So.. you are claiming the Cape Verdes are dangerous..???
Strange.. I have Portuguese friends who have been on holidays there and thought it was lovely.. this was last year In Tarrafal.. and they speak Portuguese there.
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 14:56   #18
Registered User
 
Tricolor's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Brazil, Spain, The Netherlands
Boat: Boatless at the moment
Posts: 304
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
So.. you are claiming the Cape Verdes are dangerous..???
Strange.. I have Portuguese friends who have been on holidays there and thought it was lovely.. this was last year on Tarrafal.. and they speak Portuguese there.
In Brazil they also speak Portuguese that makes Brazil a nice and save country? 60.000 murders last year, thats more people murdered than people got killed in the war in Syria.

This violence is the main reason why after 8 years we are leaving Brazil this year.

PS. @smartmanjp if you come close to either island groups you are much to east to find the fastest way to Brazil.
__________________
Ranulph Fiennes — 'There is no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.'
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 16:02   #19
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 23,277
Images: 2
pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
In Brazil they also speak Portuguese that makes Brazil a nice and save country? 60.000 murders last year, thats more people murdered than people got killed in the war in Syria.

This violence is the main reason why after 8 years we are leaving Brazil this year.

PS. @smartmanjp if you come close to either island groups you are much to east to find the fastest way to Brazil.
That's as daft as saying the Canaries are better than the Cape Verdes because 99% are black and mulatto.. and its an African country.
Cram enough people into small places with unemployment, poverty and drugs crap happens..
There have been 25 stabbings in London so far this year.. and they speak English.. maybe a reason for me not to go there.
To be honest it will be hard work getting to either island group if the winds are anything like the last three years.. predominantly Easterly up to 42 degrees N and as far West as Bermuda.. but he's the skipper.


Estimates of deaths in the Syrian Civil War, per opposition activist groups, vary between 367,965 and 560,000. On 23 April 2016, the United Nations and Arab League Envoy to Syria put out an estimate of 400,000 that had died in the war. UNICEF reported that over 500 children had been killed by early February 2012. Another 400 children were reportedly arrested and tortured in Syrian prisons. Both claims were contested by the Syrian government.
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:43   #20
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 31
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

A little bit about Cape Verde: this is African country, 99% are mulattos and blacks. 44% are poverties (they live in poverty). Better, welcome to Canary Islands, offshore of Spain.
Also each must to know that even European democracy and state system today is completely doubtful. Does somebody want s to check African democracy and state system on your own skin? Good luck with this!
Atravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:18   #21
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 23,277
Images: 2
pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

You are getting very boring and now bordering on racism..
Maybe it would be better advised if cruisers took direct reports from other cruisers who have passed through and stopped at Mindelo..

https://www.noonsite.com/Countries/C...-from-cruisers

MarisolBremen MarisolBremen says:
Apr 10, 2018 10:29 AM
In october/ november 17 we stayed 5 weeks in Cabo Verde. We visited Sal, Sao Nicolau and Sao Vicente. We fell in love with the friendly people, the relaxed atmosphere and the „no stress“ attitude. We especially liked Palmeira even if Sal is very sandy and desert like. Palmeira is a small fishing village and there is not a lot to see. You find small shops and basic restaurants. There is a bus connection to the main village Espagos.
Tarafal on Sao Nicolau is a little town, landing with the dinghy is not always easy due to the swell. In Mindelo there is lots of space in the anchorage and there is the only marina of the Cabo Verde. Here are different shops and supermarkets, the market with friuts and vegetables, little shop with boat parts in the marina, possibility to send boat parts to the marina, water, fuel, gas…
The islands of Cabo Verde are worth a visit, not only a nice stop during the atlantic crossing!
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:34   #22
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 31
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

I am not a racist. Maybe you are racist? I told my opinion. You told your opinion. But our opinions are useless, because cruisers from this forum do rides near US, UK territories only. Nobody do not go to Canary Islands or Cape Verde or Brazil. Last ride to Canary Islands from this forum was 11 years ago. Do not worry be happy. If you want really ride, need $$$$ and (or) luck.
Atravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:00   #23
Registered User
 
Sand crab's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Posts: 3,482
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Well, I can't go but I was wondering if he planned on stopping for a bit in these ports? Maybe a week at each one to see the sights?
__________________
We don't need no stinking badges.
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:05   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Posts: 64
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Hello
Time is came to Start this adventure if there anyone all there I still have 2 spaces here the route Jacksonville, Fl Bermuda, Azores, Canary Island Cabo Verde then North of Brazil
What you need just help with the food cost the boat cost is on me
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:19   #25
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Brazil
Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)
Posts: 468
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

How long are you staying in Brazil and where are you off to after Brazil? I know someone who would be interested in the trip from Brazil to the next destination.
Copacabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:33   #26
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 39
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmanjp View Post
Hello
Time is came to Start this adventure if there anyone all there I still have 2 spaces here the route Jacksonville, Fl Bermuda, Azores, Canary Island Cabo Verde then North of Brazil
What you need just help with the food cost the boat cost is on me
Hi, my name is Ivo, am interested to take part of this journey. I write you time before,, and send my profie. again: am a italian retaired
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:35   #27
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 23,277
Images: 2
pirate Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atravan View Post
I am not a racist. Maybe you are racist? I told my opinion. You told your opinion. But our opinions are useless, because cruisers from this forum do rides near US, UK territories only. Nobody do not go to Canary Islands or Cape Verde or Brazil. Last ride to Canary Islands from this forum was 11 years ago. Do not worry be happy. If you want really ride, need $$$$ and (or) luck.
I personally have taken boats to the Canaries, the Caribe, Azores, Med, UK and many parts of Europe and Turkey..
The last ride for a CF member to the Canaries was more recent than you mistakenly assume.. maybe you do not realize there are members who sail the Atlantic circuit every year.. Caribe for the Winter, Azores in the Spring, Med for Summer and Canaries for Autumn.. just because not everyone posts about it does not mean it does not happen.
I personally delivered two Lagoons there in one year, one to Las Palmas and one to Gomera in 2013.. my last trip to Las Palmas was in 2016.
So maybe your knowledge of places is as limited as your knowledge of this Forum.
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:39   #28
Registered User
 
Tricolor's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Brazil, Spain, The Netherlands
Boat: Boatless at the moment
Posts: 304
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
You are getting very boring and now bordering on racism..
Maybe it would be better advised if cruisers took direct reports from other cruisers who have passed through and stopped at Mindelo..

https://www.noonsite.com/Countries/C...-from-cruisers

MarisolBremen MarisolBremen says:
Apr 10, 2018 10:29 AM
In october/ november 17 we stayed 5 weeks in Cabo Verde. We visited Sal, Sao Nicolau and Sao Vicente. We fell in love with the friendly people, the relaxed atmosphere and the „no stress“ attitude. We especially liked Palmeira even if Sal is very sandy and desert like. Palmeira is a small fishing village and there is not a lot to see. You find small shops and basic restaurants. There is a bus connection to the main village Espagos.
Tarafal on Sao Nicolau is a little town, landing with the dinghy is not always easy due to the swell. In Mindelo there is lots of space in the anchorage and there is the only marina of the Cabo Verde. Here are different shops and supermarkets, the market with friuts and vegetables, little shop with boat parts in the marina, possibility to send boat parts to the marina, water, fuel, gas…
The islands of Cabo Verde are worth a visit, not only a nice stop during the atlantic crossing!
+1 The Cape Verde is a good place to stay and do last repairs and complement your stores. Nice and helpful people.

Same counts for Brazil, I'm only sick of all the violence and criminallitie that forces us to live behind 3.5 mtr. high walls.

@astravan, Obviously you had a bad experience there but that can also happen in Amsterdam.
__________________
Ranulph Fiennes — 'There is no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.'
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:37   #29
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Posts: 64
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvilleBob View Post
I'm trying to parse this but am really new so am missing something. Florida to Portugal to North Brazil (is there one besides South America?) beginning in March? This looks like a major undertaking. Do you have a projection for how long this might run? I'm really new but have time, can afford my own expenses, and may be game to try this as my first Big Trip on a sailboat.
Hell i do not have specific time to get to Brazil i think if everything goings well about 2 to 3 months
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:42   #30
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Posts: 64
Re: Jacksonville, Fl to North of Brazil March 2019

Well maybe 3 to 6 month my designation after Brazil will be California Australia, Asia and keeping going if still have money if not i anchor anywhere is possible.
__________________

smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
arc, Brazil, jacksonville

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Wanted: North Adriatic (Venice) through Suez Canal in March 2019 martinlawrence Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 1 16-12-2018 04:44
Crew Available: Looking for a crew position Jan-March 2019 North_12 Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 5 27-10-2018 10:50
Crew Wanted: Crew Need From Jacksonville, Fl to Brazil smartmanjp Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 0 20-10-2018 18:56
Crew Available: To Jamaica Mid-March 2019 ak08820 Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 0 09-09-2018 06:26
Crew Available: Couple available, mid-July Raitea, March 2019-Panama -Islands Mitzi Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 1 22-04-2018 10:01



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.