Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2016, 18:03   #1

Interested in information

Hey all, I was not sure what to post under so I'm posting here on classifieds.

I am a 26yo male who has been obsessed with travel ever since I was a kid. I have had many accomplishments in my life such as a full kayaking descent of the Grand Canyon for 26 days as well as the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. I have been on numerous (6-8) family sailing trips on a 45 ft catamaran in the islands over the years and have completely fallen in love with sailing. I am a novice since I have not sailed a boat fully myself but I do have a good understanding of terms and what it takes to sail. I am interested in joining a sailing trip sometime for a few weeks or so to learn what it takes to truly sail. I am willing to learn and I would love to be a helping crew member for free as well as learn in the process. Can anyone provide some insight on what is the best way to go about this?

I am an extremely positive person and tend to bring out the best in everybody. I also have a deep understanding of the cooperation it takes on expeditions etc. Just interested in learning while traveling with great people and without having to spend 10s of thousands on doing it myself.

Thanks!