Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2016, 17:46   #1

Hawaii to Marshall Islands/Micronesia/Philippines/Hong Kong

Aloha,
I'm looking for one unpaid (you pay for flights/food/etc.) crewperson to sail to the Marshall Islands and beyond from Oahu in mid/late September 2016. I have a 1968 Alberg 30 and will not be using the motor as I am on a trip around the world without ever using a motor. Routes of Change. The boat is proven seaworthy but it is small and uncomfortable in big seas. I will be surfing and working with local communities as much as possible along the 5-6 month journey to Hong Kong. You are welcome to hop on or off anywhere along the way but you are responsible for flights and any expenses. If you are serious about joining please let me know why.
Mahalo!
Markus
markuspukonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 11:32   #2

Re: Hawaii to Marshall Islands/Micronesia/Philippines/Hong Kong

Hi Markus.

My name is Dom;
I don't know if this is of any use to you (where are you now?) but, two of us are flying to Manila on the 4th Nov 16, and are planning to travel towards the islands for two weeks and a bit.
We both have some sailing experience and ICC certifications.
We are hoping to do a few days crewing for a yacht owner and are happy to pay costs/fees etc.
I know you have a small so maybe just a few days would be good fun..?
We have to fly back out of Manila on 21th Nov so cannot join you on any long trip I am sorry, but we can offer paying company and a hand on the lines etc.
If you are interested do drop me line (PM me) or please pass the message on if you can think of someone else?

Many thanks

Dom

P.s. We are from UK in our late 30's and fully active

Happy Sailing
sv goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 04:30   #3

Boat: Hunter Legend 40.1

Drop me a PM if you plan to pass through the Marianas; we can provide local knowledge, give you the grand tour and perhaps accompany you on our boat (Hunter Legend 40.5) through a portion of your route.
hafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 07:25   #4

Hey Markus,

Really inspirational endeavour man.

I'm planning to do something similar by land, but saw your post. I'm resigning in April 2017, and then have to finish the remaining 3 calendar months of work till 31 July 2017. So I'll be available to travel from 31 August 2017.

I'm willing to pay my own way. I have no sailing experience, but I'm a hard worker and fast learner if you're willing to teach. I'm an avid surfer myself and would love to help with your outreach project. I'm also a half decent photographer and full time web developer, so could help out with those aspects.

I'm serious about joining. Give me shout.
Eben
Wonderer1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 18:45   #5

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0 View Post
I am in the Philippines with an expired visa. My best option is to leave by boat. I have a lot of coastal cursing experience. I can pay my expenses and act as crew. Message me when you will get to the Philippines. I can go to any port outside the country.
Cursing is fine on the coast, don't do it here, you'll get in trouble with the mods.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hawaii, Hong Kong, Marshall Islands, Philippines