Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 17:08   #1

Boat: 80 Hunter 33' & 79 Catalina 27'
Going east from Mexico, Texas

There were no spot for crew heading south out of Alaska this season, so I am in the process of delivering a vehicle (over land) to Colorado, then heading south to Texas, then to Florida from there. Im not sure how fair winds are in the gulf but if anyone plans on cruising east, whether coastal or ICW to Florida from Texas or Louisiana, I am available.

I have a few weeks on a sailboat and some ASA courses, and am willing to work my ass off to meet people and learn more, become an efficient and self sufficient sailor. I take more enjoyment out of helping others with their projects than carrying the burden myself in exchange for the knowledge. My burden is owning a summer lodge and homestead in Alaska, so I have the winter off to find “fun” work, and self-schooling.

I am friendly, outgoing but not the gregarious type. Reserved and respectful of peoples styles and life choices. I grew up in Alaska, commercial fished in Bristol Bay as a kid, made sergeant in Army, lived in several countries, picked up a fair bit of German and Spanish, ran a sport fishing outfit through college, built a homestead and a farm as an adult. I am handy with most tools, not afraid to fight, get dirty, wet, cold, tired or hungry. I am able to help people in countless ways wherever I go. I find work and make money as I go, so I rarely have to dip into savings. I dont drink (too much), but I could carry your ass back to the boat if you did

I dont smoke or do drugs, unless maté de coca or kava counts...when in Peru, Hawaii or wherever, I try most local customs and foods.

I will be in the marina i. West Palm Beach or somewhere, South Florida by November 1, looking for a boat to watch, live on or rebuild, or sail around. I am flexible. Hit me up.
Jerami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Mexico, texas