Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2016, 17:38   #1

pirate From anywhere in the US to anywhere in the world

I'm a relatively new sailor, but I'm ready, able and eager to learn. I need a drastic change in my life and I'd like to spend some time out exploring the world.

I don't drink, don't smoke. I have no tatoos. I enjoy cooking and I like to keep my workspace neat and tidy.

I don't have much to contribute. I imagine most of the money I have will go towards my travel expenses. But, I am willing to work hard an earn my keep.

I'm also good company, exceedingly intelligent and a quick study. I am available pretty much immediately, the sooner the better. Also the longer the trip, the better.

If you have any further questions, just ask.
TropicalPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:52   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: From anywhere in the US to anywhere in the world

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Tropical'.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:28   #3

Thanks, I'm really hoping this pans out for me. I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment and I'm really looking for something different.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:02   #4

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

Where are you right now?
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:05   #5

Dallas at the moment.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:07   #6

Are you looking for a place to hide or to cruise, or both?
Old 08-10-2016, 12:08   #7

I don't know if "hide" is the proper term. I just want to do something different with my life. Get away for a while. I would definitely like to cruise around the world for a bit.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:09   #8

I'm willing to work hard and learn though.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:12   #9

I always need crew but mostly for day/week end sailing in the winter months. It's cold in the PNW. Maybe private mail?
Old 08-10-2016, 12:13   #10

Sure, feel free to.
Old 08-10-2016, 14:12   #11

OK I am back, just a suggestion. I don't know your experience level but hop in your car/truck and get down to the coast. Find a fairly large to medium marina and camp out in the vehicle while looking for part time work on boats. You will have to down size on clothes etc. so now is a good time to start. Most marina's have restrooms open to the public where you can shower etc. Try the local yacht brokers/mail boards and get work cleaning waxing whatever to get a feel for boats. Maybe find one you can sit on for little or no rent. Meet some cruisers. Do short sails close to shore until you are sure you want to take off on a long cruise. Most boaters will welcome a new sailor. I think getting across the stream in a gale with people you don't know well and maybe even like, will do much to see if you really like the cruising life. I would follow the seasons North in the Summers, South in the Winters. But be wise and careful as there are strange folks and conditions out there. Next Spring I am heading to Alaska again and from what I hear we have the best cruising grounds in the world. But you have to like seafood. Clams, mussels, fish of all type and a good supply of greens right fresh out of the salt water. Berries also all Summer long. Let's talk then if you are still around as I will need 1-2 crew for the trip. Take care and fair winds. Leaving now to go see the Magnificent Seven. Sunseeker
Old 16-10-2016, 12:05   #12

Giv me more info about you ; I am sailing LaBelle Florida - Fort Myers - Key West - Havana (Cuba) a father. Shared expenses. For now crew of 3.My mail : Sailor4321@seznam.cz
stepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 15:07   #13

Boat: Endeavor 43' ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalPenguin View Post
I'm a relatively new sailor, but I'm ready, able and eager to learn. I need a drastic change in my life and I'd like to spend some time out exploring the world.

I don't drink, don't smoke. I have no tatoos. I enjoy cooking and I like to keep my workspace neat and tidy.

I don't have much to contribute. I imagine most of the money I have will go towards my travel expenses. But, I am willing to work hard an earn my keep.

I'm also good company, exceedingly intelligent and a quick study. I am available pretty much immediately, the sooner the better. Also the longer the trip, the better.

---------------------------------------------------
Hello TropicalPenguin:
WE may have something for you. Please read below and see if this can work out for you. WE are sharing expenses so you mony problems may be answered.
Rockne wants 2 crew for Our Joy, Endeavour Ketch, 13m.From Houston, United States to Not determined, United States.December 2016 to January 2025."Our Joy" This is a re-post. We have had a Crew member cancel and are looking to fill the space So if you thought it was too late then it is not -We must hear from your before the first of November and you must be able to report to boat no later then November 28th and commit to at lease 90 days Thanks ..DEWO ----- RE-POST ---- We are retired Couple ready to see the world from the sea. We are Looking for sailing mates for extended cruise starting this December. We are retired couple and have spent our retirement saving on a 43' Endeavor Blue-water sailboat. Her Name is "Our Joy" We will be cruising at the beginning of the Caribbean sailing season this December. We will spend the North America's winter in the north Caribbean moving south during the hurricane season 2017. We will cross to the pacific some time late 2017 or early 2018 as we proceed around the world. We will let prevailing winds and currents drive our movements. We are looking for Couples and Singles to join us for some or all the cruise. "Our Joy" sleeps eight so don't be shy. Join us. We will also Video document (via the internet) the cruise, so if you are wanted by Interpol are the FBI this may not be for you(smile). So if you are looking for Fun, Excitement, willing to share cost, duties and really never thought you could see the world because you, like us, didn't save the required million dollars 401k to retire to your beach house and travel the world. Join our little cooperative and let do it together. Rockne is currently based in dallas, United States Smoking on board: non-smokers only Total people on board: 8 Crew roles: Crew will be required to do all task, Cooking, Helm man, Watch, including just helping out. Money: expenses shared equally Travel to and from boat: crew pays Rockne is currently based in dallas, United States
Smoking on board: non-smokers only
Total people on board: 6
Crew roles: See "About Voyage"
Money: expenses shared equally
Travel to and from boat: crew pays
direct e-mail address is info AT dewo DOT US
Dewo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 15:11   #14

The hardest part for me is the "sharing expenses" part. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money. But I'm willing to work extra hard to earn my keep.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:47   #15

Boat: bavaria 46 - CharMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalPenguin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanegowen View Post
58 year old single professional (Kelloggs Cereal Production Manager) in excellent physical condition looking to spend some time on a sailboat and learn the ropes. Can contribute $700, my skills, and will share any other costs (food, fuel, etc.). Easy going, fun to have on a boat, and I'll bring the wine. I can fly anywhere to meet the boat for the above time frame. Thanks Forum Folks for any ideas or suggestions.

Re., Lane
I have a Bavaria 46 in puerto Vallarta.
I have sailed this boat from the med, across the Atlantic, across the Caribbean, to the pacific and up to puerto Vallarta. On approximately November 29, I will be sailing south to Huatulco or perhaps a little further to Chiapas. Am looking for crew, have on board, two paddle boards, kayak, snorkeling gear, etc. Many nice stops along the way.
charmel is offline   Reply With Quote