Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2016, 13:08   #1

Boat: Hylas 54
pirate Fort Lauderdale USA to British Virgin Islands

One or two unpaid crew sought to help sail a well-equipped, lovely Hylas 54 from Ft Lauderdale to BVI around January 1 2017. Approx 8-day non-stop passage via I65 (i.e. east into the Atlantic for 700 miles then turn right and head south to Tortola).

Two professional, sane, cautious, and cheerful guys (gay couple) in early 50's looking for enthusiastic crew to help share the watches and duties. Demeanor, sense of humor, and willingness to pull weight is more important to us than absolute sailing skills, but it is necessary to have some Bluewater experience as this could be a lively offshore passage. No smoking or alcohol underway.

This is an unpaid position, but we would cover boat expenses/food. Travel costs negotiable. Possible short dry-run trip in November from Brunswick to Fort Lauderdale to check out our collective compatibility.

Check out sailinggenevieve.com for more about our Hylas 54 and us.
Old 23-08-2016, 17:57   #2
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Re: Fort Lauderdale USA to British Virgin Islands

Proffesional Fort Lauderdale based sailor available, but not for free.
Going rate for a mate, but I fly for free back to KFLL.
No drink or smoke while underway.
Gay ok.
Old 05-09-2016, 20:57   #3
wob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobiehobie View Post
One or two unpaid crew sought to help sail a well-equipped, lovely Hylas 54 from Ft Lauderdale to BVI around January 1 2017. Approx 8-day non-stop passage via I65 (i.e. east into the Atlantic for 700 miles then turn right and head south to Tortola).

Two professional, sane, cautious, and cheerful guys (gay couple) in early 50's looking for enthusiastic crew to help share the watches and duties. Demeanor, sense of humor, and willingness to pull weight is more important to us than absolute sailing skills, but it is necessary to have some Bluewater experience as this could be a lively offshore passage. No smoking or alcohol underway.

This is an unpaid position, but we would cover boat expenses/food. Travel costs negotiable. Possible short dry-run trip in November from Brunswick to Fort Lauderdale to check out our collective compatibility.

Check out sailinggenevieve.com for more about our Hylas 54 and us.
Hi,
we as a couple are looking for some more sailing exp. We, means a 55 year old German (live in us) and his 43 old spouse (us, born in China). We have ASA 104 and some beginner exp in SF Bay Area, Half Moon Bay and some Lakes. We are independent, easy going and take care our expense. We are willing to fulfill all duties and additional she is a very good chef. The only what we really expect is to have a nice time and get more sailing experience.

Thanks for (any) replay!!!

Wolfgang
Old 06-09-2016, 05:12   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Wolfgang.

Old 14-09-2016, 10:24   #5

Would be interested in this opportunity. 30 male. Extensive coastal New England Sailing, several Charters in BVI. ASA 104. References available. Drop me a line if you would like to further this discussion.
Old 14-09-2016, 15:36   #6

PM sent last week
Did you receive?
Neil
Old 14-09-2016, 17:04   #7
wob

don't get anything
Old 17-09-2016, 11:42   #8

Sounds like a great trip, for sure! Genevieve was the name of our housekeeper/nanny when I was growing up, so the name holds a special place. Now she's a beautiful Hylas 54!
Old 22-10-2016, 16:28   #9

Greetings

Your boat is beautiful and your upcoming trip sounds lovely. My partner, Patrick, and I would love the opportunity to join you. We are sailing novices, however we have some limited experience, will not get sea sick, and are willing to work hard, contribute, and share costs, if necessary. Most of all, we want to learn. Please message back, or email at jessie.bunkley AT gmail if you can use two crew members. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jessie
Old 22-10-2016, 18:45   #10
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra

No response from OP.

Usually the case and a bit rude.
Old 22-10-2016, 19:00   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

Hi,

I am a professional (100 ton near coastal master's license), drug tested, with references, crew with 16 deliveries 12 on Haylas Yachts over the last 8 years.

My resume can be found here: http://charlescook.com/Resume/CookCh...tingResume.pdf

Send me an email and we can talk about expenses.

Charlie
Old 23-10-2016, 08:11   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
No response from OP.

Usually the case and a bit rude.
I received a response from the OP and he is very nice and friendly. Not rude at all...

Here's a thought; If anyone wants a crew position it's probably best not to insult the owners in case they look you up in the future. Just IMPO.

- jb
Old 25-10-2016, 03:52   #13

Sorry. Was not being rude! This time anyway The message noticifaction system on this forum is a bit odd. And we had so many responses I lost track! We are all set for crew but thanks for your interest.
Old 25-10-2016, 03:57   #14

Thanks to all that have contacted us on this forum and directly via email. We had an amazing response and are all set with crew for now. But will post again, or contact some of you directly in the future as we continue our sailing adventure on SV Genevieve.
Old 28-10-2016, 08:21   #15

Hi , Me and my wife would love to join you on your adventure. At least part of it. We are in the early stages of getting a boat of our own and joining the cruising world. But first we are hoping to meet up with people like you to learn from. We have arranged to be off of work from Nov 19 to Dec 20. I can also get time of at the end of Jan for about 3 weeks too if that would fit your schedule better.

A little about us. We are in our early thirties and currently living in Columbus OH. I am an airline pilot and my wife (Flavia) has just finished law school and studying for the bar exam. She is from Brazil and I am originally from WV. We used to live in Fort Lauderdale when I was doing flight training. Thats when I it into my head that I wanted to sail and I havent been able to shake it.

We would love to hear more about you and your plans and if it looks like our schedules could work out maybe set up a meeting over drinks.

Hope to hear from you soon.
304 550 5746
kevin.varallo@gmail.com

Kevin and Flavia

Tags
British Virgin Islands, fort lauderdale, Virgin Islands