Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2019, 09:57   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Florida to Long Island, NY on Lagoon 420

Hi All,

I'm sailing my Lagoon 420 from Key West to St. Augustine leaving May 21st on a slow play-time sail (about 10 days or so) up the east coast of Florida. I'll be buddy boating with a mate who's in a 27' sailboat, we will be snorkeling and checking out the sights on the way north to St. A.

Personally, I'm open to finding a lady/mate who would enjoy a romantic connection however, this would need to unfold in a way that's respectful and encouraged by both. Otherwise, my criteria for crew relates mostly to someone bringing capable sailing and seamanship skills, and gets along well with others.

From there I will be sailing north to Long Island, heading to Sag Harbor. This second leg will be exclusively on the outside - I'm too tall to go ICW. This will likely be a non-stop sail. I will provide for all fuel and food, crew will arrange their own transport to St. A and back home as needed.

Once in Long Island I am investigating the charter options between the Hamptons, Newport, RI and Martha's Vineyard. For this outside leg crew will need to have sound sailing experience in order to share on watches et al.

If you're interested drop a brief note, a sailing CV if you have and let me know your interest. Those will experience and/or interest in helping (paid position) with charter operation please provide some idea of your experience.

As always, safety and fun go hand in hand.

Cheers and fair winds,

Rob Phillips
100 Ton USCG Master Captain
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, lagoon, lagoon 420, Long Island