Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2017, 19:47   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440
Florida to Cartagena

Hi, we are a husband and wife with a Lagoon 440 sailing catamaran looking for experienced crew, (preferably on a cat), for a passage starting in Fort Lauderdale about the end of January and traveling non-stop down to Cartagena in Colombia. We'd expect this roughly 1300nm trip to take 10-12 days or so, although safety and comfort are the most important factors for us. Non-smokers a must and it will be a dry boat for the duration. We're both easy going, adventurous Aussies with a good sense of humor and would like the same for any crewmates. We'll be covering all provisioning costs, so if anyone out there is interested in a free trip on a comfortable safe boat, drop us a line.
Cheers.
Vettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 19:53   #2

Re: Florida to Cartagena

"Steady Hand" calling "Steady Hand" now what vessel did he go off crewing on Hopefully he's available, because from word on the docks is he's worth two other crew onboard
Old 29-11-2017, 19:56   #3

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

What is your planned route?
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 20:04   #4

Hi,

Head south-east and through the windward passage between Cuba and Haiti before heading due south across the Caribbean sea directly to Cartagena. No stops unless an emergency dictates.

Cheers
Yvette and John
Old 29-11-2017, 21:24   #5

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

It can get pretty sporty off Colombia in Jan-Feb....just something to keep an eye on as you head south.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 16:49   #6

Boat: Nash 26

Hi, sent you a pm. Cheers
sunshineslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 15:38   #7

Aloha ,
I am interested in your up coming trip . MY girlfriend lives in New Smyrna Beach , Florida .....I will be there next week , to work on her house and Christmas..
We have sailed a large cat from Aruba to Colombia and on to Panama. Then a month later back to Aruba .... stayed in Cartagena a week , Santa Marta a week ,enjoyed both places .... been through the Windard Passage and into Jamaica , on another trip .
Both of us are experienced blue water sailors , your timing looks good for us, could drive down and meet before Christmas .
Let me know your thoughts ....thank you Jeff Hassell
808-6350007 Hawaii USA 🇺🇸
Kauai guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 18:23   #8

Boat: 19' Lightning

Helped deliver a Lagoon 43 from St Martin to Kemal TX. More than 5000 miles of off shore experience.
robmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:28   #9

Boat: MacGregor 25 & Lagoon 42

Good morning!

Sent you a PM regarding the trip. Hope to hear from you!

-Peter
Timethief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 14:19   #10

Hi Jeff,

We'd love to meet you both and see how we gel. Our boat is currently at Harbour Town marina in Dania, just south of Fort Lauderdale airport. If it suits, how about you guys come down anytime between December 22 and December 28 to see the boat, the additions/improvements that we've made and to actually meet in person? If you can make it, there is a spare cabin here for you to stay in. Our number is 954 3485296 if you have any questions.

Cheers
John & Yvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauai guy View Post
Aloha ,
I am interested in your up coming trip . MY girlfriend lives in New Smyrna Beach , Florida .....I will be there next week , to work on her house and Christmas..
We have sailed a large cat from Aruba to Colombia and on to Panama. Then a month later back to Aruba .... stayed in Cartagena a week , Santa Marta a week ,enjoyed both places .... been through the Windard Passage and into Jamaica , on another trip .
Both of us are experienced blue water sailors , your timing looks good for us, could drive down and meet before Christmas .
Let me know your thoughts ....thank you Jeff Hassell
808-6350007 Hawaii USA 🇺🇸
Old 11-12-2017, 18:41   #11

Good Evening .... looks like you are set, but texted you in case!
tallted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 07:42   #12

Hi all, we are set for crew for this passage. Thank you for your interest.
Cheers
John and Yvette
Old 14-12-2017, 14:58   #13

Hello, everyone,
I am Paolo, an italian guy who likes to travel. I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail.
My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works.
I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance.
I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so.
I can cook italian food and teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories.
I have never sailed, I don't know the basics but I learn fast.
I'm currently in Miami and I'm trying a sailing chance for Caribbean or anywhere.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 05:36   #14

Hello,
My name is Tom, 53 years, German. Let me introduce me a little bit more:
I consider myself as an open minded and easy going character who doesn't mind mucking in with the boat chores and watch keeping, very interested to learn much more about sailing. So far I haven't been on a cat.
I think I’m a relaxed person to be around with, leaving others a lot of space and caring for well-being. I’m serious about safety and weather forecasts, down to earth and trustworthy.
Currently I’m not working that’s why I’m here, looking for a sailing boot. In my past I studied business economics in Germany and France. But I worked in Ireland and Spain in the IT environment. During the last 10 years I’ve lived in shared flats only.
I like reading, music, going out, sports and over all I like to be surrounded by nature, not sitting at an office desk (hahaha).

I am reliable and tidy. I've never become seasick. In any situation with technical probs I've been useful. I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish and any other seafood. I've basic cooking skills and got the basic spanish sailing license, "Patrón de Embarcaciones de Recreo (PER)" and “Buceador 1 Estrella FEDAS-CMAS (B1E) - (CMAS 1 Star Diver)”. In the past I've been a fireman.
Please let me know if you might be interested taking me on board. Many thanks.

Take care
Tom
Tomtomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 19:41   #15

Hi John,
I texted you in inbox
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cartagena, florida