Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2016, 07:26   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Florida to Bahamas - Seeking Fun, Fit, Responsible Crew

I'm planning to cruise the Bahamas from Florida leaving in mid November 15-20 from Florida for an indefinite number of months. I would like to find at least 1 and as many as 3 crew members to accompany me. Routes will favor good sailing, scuba diving (I have a compressor and 4 tanks on board), snorkeling, local towns and great beaches.

I'm 60 years old, in great shape, single (by choice) and enjoy the company of people who care about our planet and making peaceful contributions around whatever neighborhood you're near.

My boat is a 2009 Lagoon 420 with two available private cabins with private showers and heads. The boat is in excellent condition. “Best Fit” candidates will have ample sailing experience, adventurous and positive personalities, with humor and maturity for building and maintaining strong crew. Someone with mechanical/diesel experience would be most valued.

I am currently in Charleston, SC and will begin heading south first week in November, so if you're free to join that would be great. I would like to have some in person interaction (skype would work as well) prior to joining.

This is a non-paid position. Crew will be expected to contribute a fair share of food, drink and fuel costs.

The most important issue is friendly compatibility. I especially welcome musicians (I play jazz clarinet) and those with great humor. Please include something about yourself you'd like to share that lets me know a little about you.
Old 25-10-2016, 16:00   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to JPierreGaudreau
Re: Florida to Bahamas - Seeking Fun, Fit, Responsible Crew

I need to know where are you leaving Florida to Bahamas, I might be interested , I fit almost everything that your looking for, except I like Blues instead of Jazz, if your looking more info about my experience and life look my Facebook page, Jean Pierre Gaudreau Montreal, QC, Canada,

Best regards

Jean Pierre
Old 28-10-2016, 08:21   #3

Hi , Me and my wife would love to join you on your adventure. At least part of it. We are in the early stages of getting a boat of our own and joining the cruising world. But first we are hoping to meet up with people like you to learn from. We have arranged to be off of work from Nov 19 to Dec 20. I can also get time of at the end of Jan for about 3 weeks too if that would fit your schedule better.

A little about us. We are in our early thirties and currently living in Columbus OH. I am an airline pilot and my wife (Flavia) has just finished law school and studying for the bar exam. She is from Brazil and I am originally from WV. We used to live in Fort Lauderdale when I was doing flight training. Thats when I it into my head that I wanted to sail and I havent been able to shake it.

We would love to hear more about you and your plans and if it looks like our schedules could work out maybe set up a meeting over drinks.

Hope to hear from you soon.
304 550 5746
kevin.varallo@gmail.com

Kevin and Flavia
Old 28-10-2016, 10:03   #4

Hi you guys,

Thanks for your inquiry. At this time I'm focusing on experienced sailors since I need to get shoulder surgery soon and will need crew who knows the ropes, so to speak.

I will sure keep your contact info if things shape up otherwise.

Best wishes your way!

Rob
Old 28-10-2016, 14:08   #5

Hi Jean Pierre,

I'm looking at leaving from Charleston in early - mid November to Fort Lauderdale. Then crossing to Bahamas after a day or two of provisioning and awaiting weather window to cross gulf.

What sort of time restrictions do you have?

Rob
Old 28-10-2016, 15:46   #6

Hi Rob,

I could be there the 15 November at Fort Lauderdale, and available till April 2017, so if that doesn't cause any problem I'm your man.

Best regards

Jean Pierre
Old 30-10-2016, 08:39   #7

PM Sent
Old 30-10-2016, 08:50   #8

Sorry, I didn't receive your PM, do you mean private message my inbox is emty
Old 30-10-2016, 09:05   #9

Yup
I sent a private message
I will resend
Cheers
Neil
Old 31-10-2016, 16:14   #10

PM sent
Old 01-11-2016, 21:51   #11

PM Sent.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:46   #12

hello and good evening
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please contact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com

Tags
Bahamas, crew, florida, fun