Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 20:17   #1

Florida, Bahamas, Great Loop - Family of 5

We are looking for a crew member to join our family adventure on our 47' Leopard Powercat as we continue on our year long voyage. This crew position includes room and board (no contribution expected) and potentially includes compensation. As a member of our adventure you would have your own cabin with a full-size bed and a private head with walk-in shower.

In exchange for room, board and potential compensation, we would need your assistance with general boat tasks, but specifically cooking, helping keep the boat clean and sharing your life experiences with our three kids as part of their world-schooling.

We are NOT looking for a babysitter, but you do need to be good with kids. Despite being a relatively roomy 47' Leopard Power Catamaran, it is still tight quarters, so you need to be easy going, fun and zero drama. To insure a good fit we will probably want a couple week trial period before committing longer term.

Currently we are in West Palm Florida and will be heading to the Bahamas/Caribbean as soon as the weather looks promising. We will stay in the islands until March-ish at which time we will start North on the ICW along the "Great Loop" with a goal of being finished mid-August.

You are welcome to join us on all or part of the voyage. You can learn more about our family at our website JarvisAdventure.
Thanks

(I'll update this post once the position is filled)
Boat Named Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 19:22   #2

Re: Florida, Bahamas, Great Loop - Family of 5

That's me you want. I am good with kids, can cook and am clean too. At the moment I stay at the island of Bonaire and originally from the Netherlands. I have been travelling marocco, SEA, Oz, and NZ the last three years.

My email is joeywener@hotmail.com and whatsapp +31621461161
Joeholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 08:52   #3

Greetings! I will be in south Florida (Stuart, Miami, Key West) through January and would love an opportunity to chat about your trip. I am an entrepreneur at heart and, most recently, founded a non-profit focused in creating better access to locally grown food through community and school gardens, and farmers markets. Now retired, I am taking a year to explore and travel. We might be a great fit!

My email is sitstay dot play at yahoo dot com.

Carmen
SitStayPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 09:35   #4

Hi, Jackie, Matthew, I sent you a message on your website for joining you on this adventure. No need to be crazy, but it helps )! I am ready to join you as soon as you are ready to go. Seasoned sailor with 12+ years of sailing experience in rough seas and any type of weather; steering, navigation and boat maintenance; strong sea-legs and sea-head ); excellent cook - NYC restaurant and TV shows; playful mate and patient tutor for kids /they won't miss school year/ and you will have more time for other activities; easygoing companion with great sense of humor; healthy life-style, agile, full of energy and love; willing to spend the rest of my time sailing around the world with loving family. You will get all these and more just in one crew member ). Please, reach out to me for more details. Thank you in advance. Looking forward to sailing with you and sharing adventures! Alex
AlexMSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 11:14   #5

Hallo BoatNamedSue and All the Gang,

I happened upon your posting yesterday and since I've just finished a contract, the timing of your request seems a bit providential. ; )

Looking at your subject line reminds me about the last time I was in the Bahamas, when I spent every morning at anchor hopping off for a few laps around the boat - that is, until I spied a barracuda as tall as me (I'm 5'5") taking in the shade of our hull! (Fortunately, it was midday and he must've already had breakfast.)

It just so happens that I may be driving a friend's car down your way next week. If you are still in West Palm and still looking for a crewperson, perhaps we might meet? I'm sure you know that taking on new crew is mostly about personal fit, so I would love to meet you both and the kids.
(I have 6 nephews myself).

Best wishes in your search and maybe, just maybe, the planets will align and I might get to come and crew for you!

Warmly,
Maura
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, family, florida