Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2015, 16:54   #1

Carolina beach to Ft Laud to Exumas

I will be heading south in November form Carolina Beach picking my way to Fort Lauderdale. Sometime in January I will head to the Bahamas with George Town Exumas in mind but not necessarily the furthest stop. Many stops along the way.
I will do mostly day sails except when night sails are required.
I did this same trip last year and am excited to return to see some great people and sites.
I'm looking for someone for all phases of this trip.
If you would like to come aboard for just the hop from Carolina beach to Geoerge Town South Carolina let me know. I am planning to head out on or about the 5th of Nov. or so.
I will stay for a couple days to a week then head to Savannah or St Augustine. Then I will head to Ft Pierce where I will stay for 2-3 weeks. Then to Ft Laud for a week or so. After that, maybe the keys for a short time then across.

You would be sailing on a Wauquiez Hood 38 MK ll blue water vessel. You will have your own cabin but share a common head and shower.
I am looking for someone who doesn't mind preparing meals.
You will provide your own transportation to and from the boat.
Shared Meals would be shared expense. I will pay All boat expenses.
You are welcome to join at any point along the journey and there many jump off points along the route, always within a half a days sail.

I realize most people can't take too much time away so I am interested in people that would like to do the small hops along the way as well.

If you're interested in any portion of this trip shoot me a pm.
Old 27-10-2015, 18:51   #2

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'
Re: Carolina beach to Ft Laud to Exumas

Pm sent. Thanks, Bobby
Old 27-10-2015, 18:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaniKeOla View Post
I will be heading south in November form Carolina Beach picking my way to Fort Lauderdale. Sometime in January I will head to the Bahamas with George Town Exumas in mind but not necessarily the furthest stop. Many stops along the way.
I did this same trip last year and am excited to return to see some great people and sites.
If you would like to come aboard for just the hop from Carolina beach to Geoerge Town South Carolina let me know. I am planning to head out on or about the 5th of Nov. or so.
I will stay for a couple days to a week then head to Savannah or St Augustine. Then I will head to Ft Pierce where I will stay for 2-3 weeks. Then to Ft Laud for a week or so. After that, maybe the keys for a short time then across.

You would be sailing on a Wauquiez Hood 38 MK ll blue water vessel. You will have your own cabin but share a common head and shower.
You are welcome to join at any point along the journey and there many jump off points along the route, always within a half a days sail.

I realize most people can't take too much time away so I am interested in people that would like to do the small hops along the way as well.

Hello. I would be interested in assisting at some point in your trip. Preferably from mainland to Bahamas.
Old 28-10-2015, 05:03   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Exumas

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, NaniKeOla, and Bgleason.

Old 28-10-2015, 05:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, NaniKeOla, and Bgleason.
yikes... this forum is a bit of a challenge to navigate.. Do you have any specific legs of the trip you are needing help with. I have family and a business so I cannot disappear for too long but would love a 2-4 day stint of sailing and/or coastal hopping. Please let me know what portions you are needing crew for. I have owed a 30' C&C for 15 years on lake superior which I sold two years ago, I also do an annual BVI trip as captain on both monohull and cat so I have sailed many different models. looking forward to response.
Old 31-10-2015, 15:23   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to DocRobb

Hi Bobby,
This is Melanie and Wolf, a couple from Germany, right now in Georgia and looking to crew a yacht from Savannah to Georgetown Fla. We are expected to arrive in Georgetown on Nov 10th as we are crewing another yacht there heading to the Exumas. Wolf is a experienced sailor with a couple of thousend miles on blue water, Melanie is a bit more on the beginners side, but a good cook. We work as MD and journalist and a having a sabbatical right now. If it would fit into your plans, we are glad to hear from you!
Email docmichel at hamburg.de
Old 01-11-2015, 11:46   #7

I have just recently come back from a two month sail from Ft. Lauderdale to Puerto Rico and went through the Exumas and may be interested.

How long of a trip are you planning from Ft. Lauderdale to the Exumas and beyond?
Do you plan on coming back to Florida?
Can you tell me a little bit more about your typical day to day?
How often do you plan on island hopping etc?

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2015, 15:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgleeson View Post
yikes... this forum is a bit of a challenge to navigate.. Do you have any specific legs of the trip you are needing help with. I have family and a business so I cannot disappear for too long but would love a 2-4 day stint of sailing and/or coastal hopping. Please let me know what portions you are needing crew for. I have owed a 30' C&C for 15 years on lake superior which I sold two years ago, I also do an annual BVI trip as captain on both monohull and cat so I have sailed many different models. looking forward to response.
You so right about navigating this site! I have just signed up, and it is so complex!
Old 30-11-2015, 17:25   #9

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Need crew? Experienced, mostly retired, can share expenses, previous boat owner (51' Baveria) Ocean and Carib cruising experience. Need to get back on water and crewing with interesting folks to interesting places is more flexible than buying another boat. Gene
Old 04-12-2015, 09:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyPirate View Post

I would like to join your trip. I can meet up in Florida to sail a week or so any time after Dec. 12.
About me:Experienced sailor, racer, boat owner.
CPA, Financial Analyst, Retired
US Passport
Married, 66 yo, mal, very fit non-smoker
First Responder, First Aid Certified, CPR
Have raced sailboats in all kinds of weather – lakes and coastal.
Can cook, stand watch, share expenses, travel to and from connections.
Seeking to crew on East Coast deliveries or cruises to US/Carribean. Safety is job one… two, three, four…
Looking for adventure and to build offshore hours. I love sailing the BVI.
Aside from active sports, I play the banjo and usually carry a ukulele along when I travel.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:51   #11

Hi, I'm interested in sailing a short ways with you. My Partner and I will be in the Yucatan for the month of Feb, then Belize in March. We have some time between kayaking and other things we've got planned there. We both have a little sailing experience, and are willing to learn. I'd be happy to cook, as well. I've been told I'm pretty good at making something out of nothing. Let us know if you end up in that area. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyPirate View Post

Old 22-12-2015, 12:18   #12

Cool Re: Exumas

If you were leaving in June, I might talk to you. I'm looking for a delivery or crew position beginning June 2016 in the Bahamas and/or Caribbean. Se my posting on crew available "Bahamas and Caribbean.
Old 23-12-2015, 11:11   #13

Bob Burg (Charisma1937)
Columbia, SC

Sailing Resume

College graduate, have sailed the Bahamas and Caribbean for the last 40 years on sail and powerboats, mostly sail. Have owned and sailed 32’ Down east sloop, 43’ Choy Lee motor sailor, 55’ Lagoon catamaran, 65’ Hatteras long-range cruiser, and a 16’ Hobie Cat. Am experienced in the Bahamas and most of the islands in the Caribbean as far as the ABC islands. In my first life I was a freelance corporate pilot and wholesale liquor distributor. I can perform all sailing responsibilities including navigation, sail handling, standing watch, cooking, tending bar and being a good host. I’m PADI certified and I can fix minor mechanical problems, but I’m not an engineer. I require expenses to and from the boat and while engaged. Available June 1, 2015 until whenever.

Tags
exumas