Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2017, 07:28   #1

Experienced Lady Sailor

Interested in cruising the Bahamas this winter and am available in October for Eastern shore/ICW transit. I'm retired with an easygoing personality and about 5000 cruising miles logged. Very fit, agile, well traveled, adventurous outdoorswoman who's not prone to seasickness. I reside in Maine.
seasoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 08:11   #2

Re: Experienced Lady Sailor

Hi, I am looking for a crew member to sail my 45' boat from Salem,MA to Rhode Island for winter storage, this is a three day sailing.
Transportation back to Salem will be provided.
Planning on first window of opportunity after hurricane Maria landfall, looks like the first week of October.
I am 55, retired, good sense of humor.
My three no's:
No drugs
No drinking beyond social beer or glass of wine.
No smoking.
B_Hunter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:16   #3

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 27

I am planning to head down the ICW in late October then head over to the caribbian in Nov. I am sailing a fit Cherubini 27. If you are interested in a slow, uncomfortable ride, I have a berth for you.
Dayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 13:44   #4

Interested in the West Coast?
Headed Los Angeles to La Paz shortly.
Captain Lukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2017, 15:31   #5

Looking for crew to assist passage to Georgetown Bahamas. Traveling down the ICW, presently near Savannah Georgia. Can board anytime before December when I leave from Florida. 37 ft Irwin Center Cockpit. You will have your own private aft cabin with your own full bathroom.
lcurcur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 08:29   #6

Boat: Cherubini 33

Have you done this trip before? Do you have a final destination (or timne?) in mind?

In Miami on a Cherubini 33 with an eye on Puerto Rico right after the hurricane season ends and I tie up some land based loose ends. Considering crew, considering solo. Also considering the current state of affairs in PR....
Rocinante33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 10:17   #7

Boat: Leopard 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Hunter45 View Post
Hi, I am looking for a crew member to sail my 45' boat from Salem,MA to Rhode Island for winter storage, this is a three day sailing.
Transportation back to Salem will be provided.
Planning on first window of opportunity after hurricane Maria landfall, looks like the first week of October.
I am 55, retired, good sense of humor.
My three no's:
No drugs
No drinking beyond social beer or glass of wine.
No smoking.
There is no romance in your "no's." Sail on, lady.
danielamartindm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 13:16   #8

Hello Seasoul, Having been born in Florida, my Morgan 34 sloop wants to get south for the winter. Too many winters in Mystic, Ct have been hard on her. I repainted her top sides this summer. I'm a retired nerdy engineer and have one crew member, a retired female EPA worker. We have been friends since she helped sail up here from Annapolis three years ago. The overnight offshore portions of this trip would be safer with a third person, say a fit Experienced Lady Sailor with, oh, about 5000 miles under her keel. The Morgan has a private forward cabin and two quarterberths. I always give women or couples first dibs on the forward cabin. Aboard to make things comfortable is an alcohol heater, gymballed alcohol stove, and electric refrigeration. Minimal electronics include two VHFs, handheld GPS, depth sounder, and balky self steering. For navigation there are charts/chart books, and two iPads with iSailGPS, and Garmin BlueChart. Meals are basic fair, and will be wholly supplied by me. I also pick up the full cost of operating the boat. I'm not looking for someone to supplement my cruising kitty. Marina slip usage will be minimal but safety in a blow, or a needed shower will dictate their use. An early November start time is anticipated.
LjBw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:08   #9

Hello Seasoul, I have a Jaguar 38 catamaran and currently in Jensen Beach, Fl. I am headed south for Miami and keys, then wherever. I need experienced hand.
zbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, sail