Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 01:31   #1

Experienced couple for deliveries or longer employments

Hi,

my wife (55) and I (53) are currently available for some deliveries or to train you on your new to you boat, to help to upgrade your boat, ...

We are currently in Germany, ready to fly out on short notice.

I am an electronic engineer by trade, familiar with most if not all systems on a modern yacht. My wife is a great stew with an awesome eye for detail and good cook (if needed). Also a great watch keeper and helmsman.

Our latest employments:

- Relief captain / stew-cook on a 86ft lulus power catamaran in Tahiti
- Captain / stew-cook on a 73ft sloop traveling between Portugal - Canaries - Caribbean - Med
- 54ft Beneteau update of electronics in Martinique
- Captain / stew-cook on a 92ft sloop in the Bahamas / US

All licenses / certificates (equi. Yacht Master Ocean commercially endorsed, sailing instructor, LRC, ...).

When not employed we sail our own 41ft cruiser / racer in the Baltic.

Please contact me by PM if interested and we will happily send you our CVs and recommendation letters.

Thanks!

Carsten
CarstenWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:19   #2

Re: Experienced couple for deliveries or longer employments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post
Hi,

my wife (55) and I (53) are currently available for some deliveries or to train you on your new to you boat, to help to upgrade your boat, ...

We are currently in Germany, ready to fly out on short notice.

I am an electronic engineer by trade, familiar with most if not all systems on a modern yacht. My wife is a great stew with an awesome eye for detail and good cook (if needed). Also a great watch keeper and helmsman.

Our latest employments:

- Relief captain / stew-cook on a 86ft lulus power catamaran in Tahiti
- Captain / stew-cook on a 73ft sloop traveling between Portugal - Canaries - Caribbean - Med
- 54ft Beneteau update of electronics in Martinique
- Captain / stew-cook on a 92ft sloop in the Bahamas / US

All licenses / certificates (equi. Yacht Master Ocean commercially endorsed, sailing instructor, LRC, ...).

When not employed we sail our own 41ft cruiser / racer in the Baltic.

Please contact me by PM if interested and we will happily send you our CVs and recommendation letters.

Thanks!

Carsten
Hi
We just purchased a Lagoon 421 Catamaran and wish to sail it from Antigua to N.Y or S.C in the United States first week in May or first week in June.
Is this something you have experience with.
I was planning to get a captain to help us and now looking for an additional 2 person crew to join us.
My wife and I are in our mid 50's and never sailed before and only have 40+ years on motor boats, we have taken a basic sailing courses in the U.S.
What would you charge if any?
Regards
Ron & Vivian
rvivianacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:31   #3

Vivian, Ron,

thank you for reaching out - I will send you a private mail and answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Carsten
CarstenWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:34   #4

Boat: 2012 Lagoon Cat 450' GONE

I am an owner of a 45' Lagoon catamaran needing skills sharpened and sail time for the next few months, she is in Nassau. please PM me at:
freewillsailing@gmail.com

Look forward to your reply.
kisha
Cheers
kishadean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
employment, enc, men