Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-08-2017, 10:23   #1

Experienced and able to travel anywhere to meet up.

Hello all, my name is Mike. A little about me to start. I am 43, single, educated, financially stable, currently in the U.S. and as of yesterday free to sail once more. I recently sold my Cal 36 and have tied up my responsibilities, ready. Aside from safety and seamanship what I have found crucial when at sea is ones attitude. I would imagine most of us have a few stories regarding poor attitude. below is a little bit more about me.

• Offshore passage on both Atlantic an Pacific
  • Owner of a few 30+ ft. sailboats and countless skiffs
  • Sailmaker for a few years
  • Raced smaller boats but honestly did not care for it
  • Cruised most of Europe and some of the South Pacific
As mentioned I am more than willing to travel anywhere for however long and also do not expect pay to crew. However, if the departure destination were to be outside the U.S., I would ask the airfare be paid for. Safe & Fast to all. Thank you, Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170826_095235.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	154840  
Banther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 06:24   #2

Boat: Morgan 1970 Cruising Ketch 40'
Re: Experienced and able to travel anywhere to meet up.

Hi Mike my name is Jason. I may be in way over my head but I've put in a bid on a boat in Maryland and it looks like I may own it in 10 hours. If I win the auction myself and my father plan to leave tomorrow and drive out to have the boat rigged and launched... then when weather and such feels right we intend to sail it down the east coast around Florida and back up here to Oklahoma using the navigable waterways.

We both lived on a motor yacht for two years but have never really taken a cruise long than a week and all within internal rivers.

Neither of us have experience sailing. Obviously a 1500 mile 2 month journey is a little over ambitious for a shakedown cruise but I guess I've never done anything half way. I know its not the water sailing">blue water sailing you maybe looking for and nothing compared to your tours of Europe but if you want to come show some landlocked newbies how to sail their new boat and you know... not die.... send me a response...

If it matters the boat is a 30ft ketch cutter rigged 1978 Hunter
SuttonCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 10:08   #3

Get the Boat?
Banther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:23   #4

We would not be able to pay your travel and are looking for help with low expenses. Here is my blurb if you are interested. Super Low Expenses!! Come sail with us! We are looking for people to help share with the expenses for a late model 40 - 45' catamaran off Kos, Greece the third week of October (just over a month away). Plane flights currently kind of low ($550 rt from Chicago to Athens). The week charter is already paid for, we just need help with start up charges and insurance/damage waiver charges. Write back or call (coded - Two 6 too, three 6 six, ate 6 ate eight) if you have a chance of taking advantage of this opportunity! Linda
vonnegute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 12:15   #5

Boat: Voyage Norseman 43'

Hey, Mike.

You seem like a great candidate for our early-November sailing trip to Cancun/Roatan. We will be departing from Galveston, TX, however, you would need to purchase a plane ticket from either Cancun or Roatan. Details are posted on the Sailors Wanted section of this forum as well as on our blog (link below). Jimmy is the captain/owner and we're just looking for experienced sailors to join the crew. Would be 1-2 weeks (depending on which legs you're interested in). On board expenses will be paid for.

https://dauntlessvoyager.com/sailor-application/

Thanks!

Camille
dauntlessvoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 09:36   #6

Boat: Catalina 30

Hi, Mike!

You seem absolutely perfect for my need!

Sometime between October 3rd and 6th 2017 I will be tacking 90 miles up the coast in a Catalina 30. it has an engine which overheats after about 30 minutes, so the trip will be a sailing voyage!

I've listed a crew wanted post in case you'd like to read more, but you seem very, very good for the trip.

I especially liked what you wrote about attitude. That's the most important thing to me. We'll be able to overcome any situation and have a great time if we all have the right attitude

The boat is a 1979 catalina 30 and just got a very good review on its survey and is extremely seaworthy.

I do hope to hear from you!!!

Nick
zach0036 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 07:32   #7
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Lagoon 450

LA to La Paz in late November aboard the INNcredible Sea Lodge - our Lagoon 450
captainfitzwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 13:17   #8

LA to La Paz in mid-October aboard a classic Ketch...
Maybe I should crew on the Cat ��
Captain Lukon is offline   Reply With Quote