Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2016, 13:53   #1

Exp. Sailor, in/around Australia Dec 2, 2016 to Feb 27, 2017, looking for a berth

Greetings

I am an experienced sailor of 30 years, racing 10 years (including long distance overnight races), cruising (circumnav. of Vancouver Island, San Diego to Cabo passage, Marshall Islands - atolling around). I own my own boat in Canada, a 30' racer/cruiser for 30 years where I have explored a lot of the Pacific Northwest.

I have a flight to Australia booked for 3 months, Dec 1, 2016 to Feb 28, 2017 but likely can't afford hotels there etc for that full period as I hear that Australia can be expensive.

I plan to tour Australia for a month or so, then head someplace less expensive for the remainder of the time, like Indonesia or back to India, but crewing is another option I have done a few times, and I am always up for an adventure, as long as its relatively sane. In particular I want to spend some time on the great barrier reef - snorkeling or scuba, as I have been an active certified diver since I was 16, and have dove/snorkeled many places around the world in the 36 countries I have visited so far.

Relevant Skills include:

Power Squadron Advanced Piloting
Boat Maintenance & Repair (boat owner for 30 years)
Cooking (trained in Thai cuisine, and taught Thai cooking for 7 years)
Certified Scuba Diver since I was 16 (worked commercially too)
Photographer (two years formal training in college) - in case you want your trip documented

Willing to assist with fair and proportional costs of the cruising expenses incurred, but not paying capital costs etc., I have my own hole in the water to throw money at, thank you.

I retired young at 55 from a 32 year civil service job in Canada, and will be 57 during this period. I spend about 5 months each year now on the road, traveling and seeing the world. 2015 was Central America (Mexico to Panama), winter 2015/16 Thailand, Sri Lanka, Maldives, & 3.5 months on an epic solo self planned tour of India, June 2016 Ecuador (Galapagos, etc) and Peru (Amazon & Machu Pichu etc. - a bit tired of gasping for air at high altitude places though, I am a sea level kind of guy ).

My time is quite flexible.

Polite and respectful Canadian guy, I like to treat people the same way I would like to be treated.

So, make me an offer for a new adventure that I can't refuse and you are unlikely to be disappointed!

Cheers,

Brant

Tags
Australia, sail