Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2016, 14:17   #1

Europe to N Americas(ish)

Sailor looking to join as crew from Europe to the Americas (N.America preferably but anywhere around there will do) around December to January.

Why: I am currently backpacking around europe and in December/January I will be through with my trip and with a love of sailing would rather sail back West than take a plane. My ultimate destination is the western US but as long as i end up anywhere that i can catch a plane to the us and back to the western us im happy.

Me and experience: I am a college grad that was tired of his accounting job so with a love of sailing that grew from small boat races in idaho I traveled to Key West Florida and spent the summer living aboard tall ship schooners as a deck hand crewing on the boats as well as teaching people to sail, scuba and snorkel, and live on the ocean. I have not made an ocean crossing but am extremely interested in gaining the experience, working to keep the vessel sailing and in tip top shape, relieve stress for the captain and other crew, and share the love of sailing. I anticipate sharing in the expenses of the crossing voyage.

As part of my european trip I will be spending a good portion of time in Portugal, southern France and Italy visiting ports to further my search for vessels crossing the Atlantic if anyone is in those areas. I work well under pressure in stormy situations/rough seas, I enjoy cooking a preparing meals on board, and I have mechanical and electrical repair skills accompanied with the love of fixing and improving things.

Tags
rope, Europe