Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2014, 09:40   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Lagoon 450
Downhill along the Baja leaving soon

In late November 2014 the INNcredible Sea Lodge heads south for warmer waters. Leaving LA harbor my destination is La Paz, Mexico. However I'm not in a race but want to balance out the downhill run with a little extra time for exploring. I have rooms for two singles or two couples and you can earn your adventure participating as crew. And if you prefer to enjoy the adventure as a passenger, we can work that in too.

Plan on two weeks with a little wiggle room of a couple days and you can depart either in Cabo or La Paz. I'm all about enjoying the most from the journey and making stops to enhance the adventure.

Your good health and attitude are just as important as your sailing experience. You should have enough experience to know if you get seasick and the rest I'll instruct where needed. This could be your chance to experience a Lagoon 450 catamaran on a 1200 mile near-coastal run. Send your requests to join me with a little background please.
Old 30-10-2014, 16:02   #2

Re: Downhill along the Baja leaving soon

Hey
Sound interesting!
I don't have any real sailling experience..I do have a skipper license from long ago and i've fished offshore for three months.. so i don't get seasick and i do have some sort of experience..
Right now i'm traveling south along the west coast and olanning to get to south america.. so it will be great if i could join and get off at La paz
This is my e-mail saiayal@walla.com
Hope to here from you
Old 30-10-2014, 16:03   #3

Hear***
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57   #4
Marine Service Provider

Hey Captain, I would love to cruise the Baja if you have time for some kite surfing adventures. I am a instructor and would be happy to teach if thats something your interested in shoot me a email KeithCroghan@gmail.com
Old 13-11-2014, 06:39   #5

I saw your post last week, but was having difficulties with my cruiser forum account. I was wondering if you are still looking for crew. I live in the southern California area and have been sailing the locale waters since I was a teenage. I also manage a friends boat, that I sailed to Marina Costa Baja, La Paz several years ago. The boat is still in the sea of Cortez and I still get down and sail 3-4 times a year. I am 50 years old and still in good shape. I have been in the same professional career for over 25 years. I am very easy going and always willing to learn. I am planning on retiring in several years and have several retirement plans. One was to purchase a lagoon 450 and use as a live aboard. I am currently sailing a Tayana 37, but was hoping to get a change to be on a catamaran. Let me know if you have any questions.

Fair winds
John

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 18-11-2014, 12:32   #6

PM sent regarding LA-Baja trip. Thanks.

JWJ
Old 19-11-2014, 06:34   #7

Boat: American 16

HI, I'm interested. Please tell me more. I live in Kansas and would drive to LA as I don't fly anymore. I'm 59, Masters degree in cartography, pilot, sailed a 16 footer for 30 years, and in good shape. Been living off the grid for 6 years so I am resourceful. I would be happy to tell more about myself if you want to e-mail me at: beowulf_seeks@yaoo.com
Old 19-11-2014, 19:29   #8

Boat: '63 Cal 24, Bayliner Trophy, Arluk 3 Sailing kayak, etc . . .

I just joined cruiser's forum with the specific purpose of finding a couple weeks crewing adventure. I posted the following to my bio:

"Experienced sailor & owner available to crew 1-3 week stretches. Transports ok.
Just retired 59 yo M., counselor & cellist (still performing, touring, recording) Fit, healthy, easygoing. Good navigation, mechanical, helm and sail-handling experience. I'm not really interested in sailing with big egos or big drama."

Sorry I cannot PM you until I'm a bit more established here.

Also, I sold my Loreto, Baja property last year, and have a long-time love for, experience in (including sailing), and good connections with Baja and mainland Mexico. My brother, Bruce and I bought a place in Hawaii last year and planned to build there this winter. My dear brother (who was also my best friend) passed away Oct. 23, from a very rare and aggressive leukemia (11 weeks after diagnosis) - I'll go to Hawaii in Jan with my bro.'s ashes and an open heart to get my bearings..... In the meantime, I am a bit at loose ends and a couple of weeks in the wind would do my heart good.

Please let me know if you're still looking for crew.

Best,

djhunt (David Hunt)
Old 03-12-2014, 13:43   #9

Hello Captain,

I have sailing experience and will provide summary.

Have you departed Port Of Los Angeles yet?

Michael Hubman

michaelcirclewider@yahoo.com

714-227-2217

Tags
baja