Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2014, 20:52   #1

Delivery Capt or Mate Available Nov 20-28

I'm looking for a delivery vessel needing either captain, mate, or crew for dates within November 20-28th.

I can travel on my own dime to meet the boat, as I am an airline pilot with the ability to jumpseat on almost every North American airline.

Certified with Yachtmaster Offshore 200 ton, MCA AEC (Engineer), CYA Sailing Instructor, STCW95, PADI Rescue Diver and over 9,000 sea miles. I have delivered both sail and power vessels from 27'-170' throughout the Pacific Northwest, Caribbean, and Florida.

I'm a positive and professional Canadian, easy to get along with, and always courteous with a touch of dry humour. An avid kiteboarder, windsurfer, diver, and fisherman, when I'm not on the water, I'm in it!

Looking forward to hearing from owners or skippers regarding your vessel delivery needs. CV available upon request.

Regards,

JWJ
Old 17-11-2014, 21:50   #2

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54
Re: Delivery Capt or Mate Available Nov 20-28

As a suggestion, you might get in touch with yacht brokers in the PNW as well as up and down the west coast and get your CV to them. When I started in the delivery business it was through this network that I built up my clientele over a few years.
As another suggestion, you might consider acquiring a 100 ton US Masters license from the
US Coast Guard. It will make picking up business in the US much easier. Depending on Sea time, you may qualify for a 500 ton license which is even better. Licensing is very important from an insurance stand point if you are moving boats around and most brokers I worked with required one.
I spent my first 30 years at sea working commercially in Canadian waters before immigrating to the U.S. and was given credit for my sea time up there as well my coastal licensing qualification but still had to sit the exams in the US.
Good luck in your venture... Phil
Old 17-11-2014, 22:19   #3

I appreciate the input Phil. The USCG 500 Master's certificate definitely couldn't hurt, and will look into it.

I'm aligned with a brokerage in Vancouver, but always looking to broaden the scope, for sure. I may PM you with further advice if you're willing...

I should be a tad more specific as well in my original post, and mention that I'm aiming to deliver in the Caribbean during that period if possible. I've done plenty of deliveries in the BVI, St Martin, Antigua area over the years, and know that there are a few boat shows coming up (Antigua Charter Yacht Show Dec 4th) that may need delivery work done.

JWJ
Old 18-11-2014, 07:57   #4

Boat: Prior boats: Transpac 49; DeFever 54

PM away, JWJ... Cheers, Phil
Old 18-11-2014, 09:41   #5

Boat: 1988 Taswell 43 & 1972 Laser

Dear J, If you happen to find a broker & need crew on E coast, please yell. We want offshore cruising experience. I'm chronic inland sailor from youth; wife, new sailor that loves high winds & healing. I'm in same line of work, based KBWI, so we can meet you most anywhere. We live :45 from Annapolis, MD. Best wishes. Sincerely, Chris crwoodhead@hotmail.com

Tags
delivery