Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 08:04   #1

Deck hand available

Hello, my name is David. I am hoping to find a captain that can use a good maintenance man / deckhand. I am 33 years old and very good hard worker. I am willing to take a position and I do not require payment. I am located in the United States. I would like to get to France or Spain however I am Very flexible on the destination. I have good common sense able to follow Direction and willing to learn. Have experience in everything from mechanical maintenance, plumbing, electrical Etc. I can fix pretty much anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123_1(1).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	201243   Click image for larger version

Name:	123_1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	201244  

Deag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 00:38   #2

Boat: Almarine modified Bruce Roberts NY65SL
Re: Deck hand available

I need someone to liveaboard a 65 foot sailboat in Galveston. She is locked out of Texas marinas by her 8.5 foot draft. She is on a specially dredged tug boat dock, openly exposed to theft and pilfering by family members. My advanced age has put her in the crossfire of a war between family members fighting for my assets. They don't want me and my money to sail away.

She needs replacement of stolen gear, clean up, and much work to make ready for cruising. We will be ready to sail in January, the end of hurricane season, and the beginning of favorable winds.

She is an ultra narrow beam, deep fin keel, skeg hung rudder, blue water synthetic rigged cutter made to go anywhere and built like a battleship. Diesel generator, Solar, lithium, electric galley, electric hot water, water maker, etc. She is maintenance intensive, but I am a journeyman electrician, able to share the burden. Hopefully, we can become friends and the position becomes a partnership. When you learn how to sail her and stand watches, we can go to Europe. I have family in France and Scotland.

Elvin
SV Nomad
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:21   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, David, and Elvin.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 23:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deag View Post
Hello, my name is David. I am hoping to find a captain that can use a good maintenance man / deckhand. I am 33 years old and very good hard worker. I am willing to take a position and I do not require payment. I am located in the United States. I would like to get to France or Spain however I am Very flexible on the destination. I have good common sense able to follow Direction and willing to learn. Have experience in everything from mechanical maintenance, plumbing, electrical Etc. I can fix pretty much anything.
Hi David ,
planing to travel from Blaine WA to Mexico by the first week of November on 68ft. Power Boat.
If interested contact me by email lubopng@gmail.com
Regards,
Lubo
lubopng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2019, 15:12   #5

Hi Elvin. My name is David. I am very interested! My phone number is 5304161488 or email Mrdeag2017@yahoo.com / deaguileradavid@gmail.com
I would love the position offered! I like to learn! I am very good at maintenance. Please contact me to discuss further.
I am definitely willing. Excited even. Sounds Awesome! I am available as soon as you would like.
Thanks so much for replying to my post!
David deaguilera
Deag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck