Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2017, 03:48   #1

Dayton beach/west palm beach to abacos Bahamas

Hello everyone. I'm looking for someone looking to hitchhike from Floridas east coast to the Bahamas. I have a Catalina 36 foot sailboat that made it down from Ontario Canada. Ideally this transition would take place around the first week of dec as I make my way down the ICW. Currently (nov 25, 2017) I am in Brunswick Georgia making my way down so you can hop on at anytime along the way. Once we get to the Bahamas you can stay on board for up to another week until you get organized with another ride or find a place to stay. This is not a paid crew position and I will not pay for your flights, transportation or personal expenses. I cook every day so I don't mind sharing that. Ideally I would find someone single or a couple that's willing to get their hands and eyes behind the helm. Who's up for the journey ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	159687  
Blu bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 07:27   #2

Re: Dayton beach/west palm beach to abacos Bahamas

Thanks for the post, I have done the ICW via West Palm Beach to Bahamas a few years ago and would like to do it again. I am from Waterloo Ontario and from Port Severn .. So I have lots of lake experience ... More power boat experience than sail. I`m interested in hearing more and details of timing. Paul q
PaulQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 11:27   #3

Boat: Macgregor 25

Is this post still relevant? What would a new departure date be targeted towards? Myself, 101 cert and no problem with motion. Semi-retired but fit enough to work construction. Best regards.
snowbeard54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 08:56   #4

Hi!

I'm quite interested in your sail plan. Where are you now? Do you still need crew?

I'm a small boat monohul owner in Canada hoping to buy in a year or so when I have a little more experience. I have a good understanding of sailing basics, have completed ASA 101 and happy to learn everything. I have sailed in NZ, Australia and passed from Panama to Cartagena in very rough waters (not getting sick although the rest of the boat did).

I'm a 42 year old canadian engineer (movie writer also), speak English and 70 % spanish and have travelled half of the world by motorbike, so I have a few stories. I also have 50 scuba dives and my rescue diver certification.

I am semi-retired working 3 months per year and have the next 3-4 months to get on some boats, hopefully yours!

Please let me know if there is an opportunity to sail with you in the next weeks.

Happy to provide references.

Thanks
Brad Cougle
+1 403 554 3668
bacougle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abaco, Bahamas