Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 08:49   #1

Cruise day sail Chesapeaka Bay May 12 through June

I am taking positon of my new to me Migartor 1997 Block Island 40 May 2. I plan to send two weeks in Haven Marina Rock Hall MD up grading the battery banks charging system and navigation electronics. Soon as the work is completed I am looking for new friends / sailors with local knowledge to day sail and or cruse the Chesapeake Bay mostly the quainter spots on the eastern shore working south to the mouth of the Chesapeake. Then I plan to sail north up the New England coast to Rode Island and back to Rock Hall. Only expenses would be your travel and provisions. I do not know how Wi-Fi is going to work out- try texting or phoning me at 650-704-2727
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manitou 2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	146621   Click image for larger version

Name:	manitou 1.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	398.2 KB
ID:	146622  

jonbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:19   #2

Re: Cruise day sail Chesapeaka Bay May 12 through June

Hello, I have sailed on the Chesapeake a few times. My father had a motor boat on the Chesapeake twenty some years ago. We would anchor out for the weekend. 2009 I was on a McGreger sail boat from Rock Hall to Baltimore Harbor. We tied up for free in downtown Baltimore for the night. I was also on a 36 ft Catamaran on the Chesapeake bay years ago. I got a few certifications this winter from ASA and would like to continue my knowledge. I helped sail around the PR islands this winter. I would like to help crew. let me know. Eileen Finegan 484-925-4988
Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 05:17   #3

Here is an update.Haven Harbour marine has been slow getting work started on my new boat looks like the boat will be ready early next week May 21. I have one sailor ready to go on 2 night 3 day sails on the Chesapeake Bay, still looking fora 3rd crew with Bay experience.
Also still looking for a 3rd crew to sail from Rock Hall to Rhode Island and back to Rock Hall end of May
John 650-704-2727 per text than replies over the forum just do not open my computer but once a day busy organizing my new boat and gear.
Old 18-05-2017, 10:48   #4

Boat: O Day 19

Hello,
I am going to be in the area next week. Would be interested in helping crew. ( i sent a text this morning ) I have some experience on 30- 40 foot boats; also have ASA bareboat cert.
I am Very capable and fit. New to that area, I am interested in learning it.
Thanks, sincerely Eric Oveson
Eric Oveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 03:04   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Oveson View Post
Hello,
I am going to be in the area next week. Would be interested in helping crew. ( i sent a text this morning ) I have some experience on 30- 40 foot boats; also have ASA bareboat cert.
I am Very capable and fit. New to that area, I am interested in learning it.
Thanks, sincerely Eric Oveson
Hi looking forward to meeting you this week I have been talking with Eileen who is ready to go sailing working on the final items to have Monitou ready and safe. I am thinking a overnight shake down sail grab a mooring ball take a taxi or my dingy to shore for dinner
John
Old 22-05-2017, 03:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthousegal View Post
Hello, I have sailed on the Chesapeake a few times. My father had a motor boat on the Chesapeake twenty some years ago. We would anchor out for the weekend. 2009 I was on a McGreger sail boat from Rock Hall to Baltimore Harbor. We tied up for free in downtown Baltimore for the night. I was also on a 36 ft Catamaran on the Chesapeake bay years ago. I got a few certifications this winter from ASA and would like to continue my knowledge. I helped sail around the PR islands this winter. I would like to help crew. let me know. Eileen Finegan 484-925-4988
Eric will be coming to Rock Hall this week to meet and look at Manitou before sailing are you avalibe to meet this week please call or text me I will try to be better about keeping my phone with me. I am looking forward to meeting you
Old 27-05-2017, 03:56   #7

Boat: O Day 19

Hello Jon,
Nice meeting with you ; How are the boat updates coming along? I can be ready to sail soon; just need a little notice ahead of time to get there.
My schedule looks pretty open now, but I have to be home by June 15.
take care Eric O.
Eric Oveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 16:57   #8

Im ready to go sailing also. I guess boat mechanics take their time. Hopefully we'll set sail soon!

Lighthousegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, sail