Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2014, 11:13   #1

Cross Atlantic - Will pay expenses

I am currently in Morocco, going to Gibraltar next week (Nov. 6th, 2014), and I am extremely interested in the prospect of sailing across the Atlantic. I don't have much sailing experience - besides some small craft sailing when I was young - but I am absolutely willing to learn and do my part as an amateur deckhand. There is no job that is below me when it comes to an opportunity such as sailing across the Atlantic.
Of course, I would be willing to chip in and pay for my expenses, on top of working hard to earn my place in the crew. I am extremely hardworking and a quick learner. My applicable skills include carpentry, boat operation, diving, cleaning, cooking, and first aid training, but my abilities are not limited to the above mentioned.
I am not high maintenance in the slightest, and believe that most people feel that I am good company to have. I am neat in my tendencies and don't require any special attention.
I grew up by the water and often went on boat trips on our family fishing boat, so I am very familiar with being on the ocean, even if that experience was not on a sailboat. I would love the opportunity to enjoy an experience such as a cross-Atlantic journey and would be ever grateful to be given that chance.
Anyone who is planning such a journey and looking for a grunt worker to assist in boat preparations or other work - who won't be a hassle to have around - please contact me at obriaintb@gmail.com (I will have a phone number once I reach Gibraltar). I would be happy to forward a CV and references to anyone interested.
Thank you
Old 31-10-2014, 16:12   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Cross Atlantic - Will pay expenses

maybe you should post in the crew available section , this is where the OP is looking for crew to help them move there boats

cheers

jimmy
Old 31-10-2014, 16:13   #3

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Cross Atlantic - Will pay expenses

sorry my bad , your in the right spot

cheers

jimmy