Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2014, 11:17   #1

Crew/videographer available for 2015 Puddle Jump

I am seeking a crew position from Mexico to French Polynesia on the Puddle Jump. I will be in Puerto Vallara from January 11 through the end of March, and plan to attend most of the seminars.

In addition to the normal crew duties, I would like to do a video documentary of the event (prep, sail, arrival). This would be my second sailing documentary effort. The first one was called "Gales, Whales and the Baja Ha-Ha" which you can view at my sailing website Baja Ha-Ha Documentary - Oyster Yachting which covers the 2009 Baja Ha-Ha sailing event down the West Coast of Mexico from San Diego to Los Cabos, Mexico.

My background and sailing info:
  • U.S. Coast Guard Masters License (inactive), 50-ton, near coastal, sailing endorsement, towing endorsement
  • Sailboat owner 1978-1981 (Tayana 37'), 1991-2006 (Beneteau 39'), crewed on Beneteau 62 CMB, Tatoosh 51, Nordic 44, Hunter 41, Islander 36 and others
  • Sailing experience in coastal and bay waters (SF Bay, Monterrey Bay, Puget Sound, West Coast, Catalina Island, Mexico, Pacific Ocean, Sea of Cortez)
  • Baja Ha-Ha veteran (class of 2009)
  • Experience and knowledge of vessel systems, repair and maintenance; basic engine repair/maintenance
  • Vessel, equipment, and fitting out cruising consultant for sailboat buyers and owners
  • Red Cross certification in Basic First Aid and CPR, SCUBA diver certification, completed Power Squadron and CG Auxiliary courses
  • Limited language proficiency in Hungarian, French and Spanish
  • Expert computer knowledge and skills
  • Other personal interests and activities include tennis, cycling, chess, gourmet cooking, film/video production, fitness, others
  • Purdue University graduate, BSEE
I am an easy-going, fit 68 years old, semi-retired from the high-tech industry. Since I will be in Mexico, I would be available to assist with preparations after January 25. My preferred departure city is Puerto Vallarta but willing to consider other departure points in Mexico.

Tags
crew