Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 07:23   #1

Crew opportunity for pending Day Skipper

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post.

I'm a 23 year old guy who's living and working in london as a graduate civil engineer working for a contractor.

My sailing experience is limited, but I have plans in place to expand it. So far I have sailed for a few weeks on the Solent (I fell in love with the seas immediately) and have completed my RYA Day Skipper onshore - I will complete my practical in June. Then I plan to get some miles under my belt by sailing from the north of Scotland to the south of England.

My dream has always been to sail around the world and frankly the orthodox working life isn't cutting it for me. I'm not being challenged on a daily basis how I want to be.

The project I am working on finishes in September and then I hope to fulfil my dream either by buying a boat (in which case I'll need a crew) or being part of a crew. What I lack in experience I make up for in enthusiasm. I'm driven and determined to make my dream come true.

If anyone has any opportunities October/November '17 I'd be on the first one way flight available. If you have any advice, propositions or invitations please get in contact!!
Invictus93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, skipper