Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2018, 14:31   #1

Crew mate available

Hello! Recently I've been pondering my future career and came to realize that desk jobs aren't for me. I've read lost of the sea when I was little and I guess a bit of it stuck with me. I've chosen to apply to a maritime academy in about a year or so, but in the meantime, I'd like to begin learning the ropes of sailing and may be even ship/yacht building. I'm very eager and interested. If anyone is willing to take me under my wing and teach me even just a little bit I would be very thankful. I am 16 and currently attend high school. I am a varsity swimmer and I've kayaked a lot before and been on a mini cruise. I am disciplined and studious and anxious to learn more about this craft! (I'm very green just to clarify )
DavidMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 19:19   #2

Re: Crew mate available

If your still looking this summer in Michigan would love to offer the opportunity to learn sailing on the Great Lakes.
GL-WindPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 17:55   #3

Boat: Prout 50

My wife and I are going to the Bahamas in Feb for 2-3 months on a 50 ft cat. Love to talk with you, although, what about school? I have knowledge, you have youth. Good combo. Email to jragman8@gmail.com
jragman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:50   #4

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'

I have a 57' Bruce Robert with 2 77hp Yanmar Motor I need crew to go Form Jacksonville, Fl dawn to North of Brazil any time when the wind is open, if anyone interest in this trip please let me know I can not pay for the crew you most pay for your food and port fee I will provide the fuel and and anything I can help
Please call me Terry 346-617-0702
if you want to look the Boat please go to facebook https://www.facebook.com/terryusa1
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:38   #5

Boat: 36' Racer-Cruiser

David, look for looking sailing/yacht clubs. Many have deeply discounted memberships for young people. Through a club, you can usually find a boat to race on. Racing is a good way to a lot of experience quickly. Good luck!
BlueSlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 08:42   #6

I'll second Blue Slue. Local yacht clubs will have race crew sign up lists, even for non-members. A commitment to a whole race series and all the practices will get you a decent berth. Check out any community sailing programs that may be in your area as well. With community sailing it is often possible to trade work for instruction at a handsome rate. Sailors tend to appreciate incentive.
rbrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew