Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2019, 11:22   #1

Boat: Santana 37
Crew Available - Semi-Retired USCG 100 ton Master

Hello,

I am currently open to crew positions for transatlantic, transpacific, and/or other long distance trips.

I am 61 year old male in good condition.

I have over 30,000 open ocean miles in both sail and power boats. My main experience has been in sail, including delivery experience, extensive racing experience and Captaining a 75 ft 3-masted schooner on a year-long voyage from California - Mexico - Hawaii - Pacific Northwest.

Most of my delivery service has been on the US west coast and Mexico, so now in my semi-retirement I am looking to go places I haven't been before.

I do not need to be paid, but ideally any skipper wanting me aboard would pay for my transportation and on-board meals, etc.

If the trip is right, I would consider paying for my transportation.

I prefer boats 45 ft and over.

If you are interested in an experience blue water sailor, pm me.
sailscubasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 00:25   #2

Re: Crew Available - Semi-Retired USCG 100 ton Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailscubasurf View Post
Hello,

I am currently open to crew positions for transatlantic, transpacific, and/or other long distance trips.

I am 61 year old male in good condition.

I have over 30,000 open ocean miles in both sail and power boats. My main experience has been in sail, including delivery experience, extensive racing experience and Captaining a 75 ft 3-masted schooner on a year-long voyage from California - Mexico - Hawaii - Pacific Northwest.

Most of my delivery service has been on the US west coast and Mexico, so now in my semi-retirement I am looking to go places I haven't been before.

I do not need to be paid, but ideally any skipper wanting me aboard would pay for my transportation and on-board meals, etc.

If the trip is right, I would consider paying for my transportation.

I prefer boats 45 ft and over.

If you are interested in an experience blue water sailor, pm me.
Hi my 68ft power boat is in Baine WA.I am preparing to travel to Mexico by 20 November ,if interested please email your contact to :lubopng@ gmail.com Thank s!
lubopng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 13:46   #3

I tried emailing you at the address you sent, but it came back as address not found.

I would be very interested in this trip, except I'm now booked until Feb. 2020.

If you have further voyages where you need crew, and/or you do the PNW - Mexico circuit each year, keep me in mind.

If you stop in Long Beach, I can give you my email / phone no. and we can meet up so you can put a face to an email address...
Old 29-10-2019, 19:54   #4

Thanks for your replay ! My email is lubopng@gmail.com I be happy to have your contact and keep in thatch !

Regards,
Lubo
lubopng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 22:06   #5

Boat: Freedom 38

How about a return from Oahu to SF with the skipper and 2 other crew next summer? It's a lowly 36-footer though....
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 17:42   #6

Hello,

I have a Boreal 47 in NZ that I need brought home to west coast of Canada. Would like to hear your thoughts, if you have any in these strange times...

Neil
Setsail360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 18:42   #7

I haven't done any south pacific deliveries before, but looking at the winds and currents, it appears the most comfortable way would be head generally north-east until somewhere around the latitudes of Japan and then use the easterlies to cross the Pacific.

By this route, you could put in at any number of islands for rest/replenishment.

You would have to check on entrance requirements for each regarding Covid.

It would be a long slog non-stop.

I'm sure there are captains out there who have done it. Hopefully, they can give you some assistance.

Gary
Old 23-07-2020, 18:56   #8

Thanks Gary.
Setsail360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew available, mast