Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2018, 12:09   #1

Boat: 2012 Lagoon Cat 450' GONE
pirate Couple desired for 30-60day Bahama Cat cruising

looking for a mature married experienced Sail captain and wife/crew to sail my 45' Lagoon Catamaran with me until she sales. she is currently in Nassau and I want to sail the chain for next two months before I list her for sale. I have a beautiful owners version 2012 45' Lagoon and only want experienced on same with laid back, but respectful, mindful sailors to apply. I purchased her to change my life and all that has happened, is change of docks..BOO. I have my 101-114 completed and wish to gain hrs and knowledge, however, some days I may not be as able to be as active as I like. I am 51yrs old, happily divorced, happy on water, diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that some days makes it a "just take it easy' day vs. my usual go top speed. Nothing to worry about though, its not contagious, just a pain in my neck...literally, and part of reason I need to sell her later and SAIL her sooner! looking for a couple that can take all worry and stress from me, show me what this cat and adventures should have been..not her being a dock queen. pay weekly, monthly, up to u. depends on certs, etc. I have a beautiful boat and attitude! Just need a couple to compliment it. PM me asap.
Old 16-03-2018, 12:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Re: Couple desired for 30-60day Bahama Cat cruising

You cannot receive PMs. Please email me

Bill
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 12:22   #3
Marine Service Provider

Hi Kisha. My partner and I might be a little younger than you had in mind...I’m 37, she’s 27...but we are both super laid back and very keen to find out some more about your adventure. Our last job was delivering a Lagoon 45(2014) from the Turks to Tortola.
My email is bowlineben@gmail.com.

Thank you and have a good evening.

Ben Marincowitz
Bowlineben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 05:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishadean View Post
looking for a mature married experienced Sail captain and wife/crew to sail my 45' Lagoon Catamaran with me until she sales. she is currently in Nassau and I want to sail the chain for next two months before I list her for sale. I have a beautiful owners version 2012 45' Lagoon and only want experienced on same with laid back, but respectful, mindful sailors to apply. I purchased her to change my life and all that has happened, is change of docks..BOO. I have my 101-114 completed and wish to gain hrs and knowledge, however, some days I may not be as able to be as active as I like. I am 51yrs old, happily divorced, happy on water, diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that some days makes it a "just take it easy' day vs. my usual go top speed. Nothing to worry about though, its not contagious, just a pain in my neck...literally, and part of reason I need to sell her later and SAIL her sooner! looking for a couple that can take all worry and stress from me, show me what this cat and adventures should have been..not her being a dock queen. pay weekly, monthly, up to u. depends on certs, etc. I have a beautiful boat and attitude! Just need a couple to compliment it. PM me asap.
I am a licensed captain,with over 100,000 mi of sailing experience. and my wife has crewed with me numerous times and we have lived aboard boats for years. I cannot pm you, but you can email me at flordjr@aol.com, and I can provide you with a resume and references.
Captain Frank Lord
72harley1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 20:41   #5

i am 65 year old retired physician, my wife is 65 as well, i also have a 60 year old sister that may be interested. i have captained 38- 45 ft catamarans in the usvi, caribbean, as well as west coast british columbia, and have open ocean transpacific experience as well. comfortable with all aspects of cruising, anchoring, navigation, etc....we would be interested if the timing worked out, we would be available after easter and until the end of may. bill and bev.
bvail1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 07:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishadean View Post
PM me asap.
Hi Kisha, you sent me a PM and I responded but I never heard back from you. As I look at this thread I see a couple people say they were unable to PM you for some reason so I wonder if you are receiving them?

Cheers
Delancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 08:08   #7

Boat: Catamaran, monohull, pontoon
Send a message via AIM to watermanmax

Oh Boy....wish we could....looks more like we will be available this fall,
I am a Captain/Instructor (but of Motor Boats and tugs)
Regardless....what are you selling the boat for....maybe we can look at it this fall.
Enjoy it while you can
watermanmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 18:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvail1224 View Post
i am 65 year old retired physician, my wife is 65 as well, i also have a 60 year old sister that may be interested. i have captained 38- 45 ft catamarans in the usvi, caribbean, as well as west coast british columbia, and have open ocean transpacific experience as well. comfortable with all aspects of cruising, anchoring, navigation, etc....we would be interested if the timing worked out, we would be available after easter and until the end of may. bill and bev.
b2vail@gmail.com
bvail1224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising