Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2016, 16:59   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Cook/Hostess

Looking for crew on charter catamaran in the BVI, beginning in November. Cat is located in Maryland for the summer.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:01   #2

Re: Cook/Hostess

Hello,

I am a beginner sailor/boater and would love to get more experience. I have crewed in North and South Carolinas and I grew up on smaller boats but now that I have taken a few United States Power Squadrons classes, I would like to get a lot more experience. I would be very happy to join your boat from either Maryland or North Carolina for your journey to the BVIs. Please feel free to contact me at dwencita@gmail.com.

Dwen
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47   #3

Hello,

I am just reading your post so pardon if I am tardy to reach out. I am not certain if what I can offer will be of interest, but here goes:

- I am currently in St. Croix and have pre-paid accommodations in St. Thomas from Feb 9 - 23. It is my interest to see more of the islands by boat / photograph some local regattas and do travel writing. I am open to working crew spots. Many years ago I did manage the kitchen/prep food for a student residence at Syracuse University.

- I am a San Francisco marketing and PR person/writer/photographer with an interest to remain in the area for 1 to 2 more months then head back to San Francisco (have flexibility to stay in area longer).

- Back home in San Francisco I race (main and headsail positions) in Bay and some ocean events.

- Non-smoker, non-drinker, athletic, quiet. I provide a link to my photography Web site renegadesailing.com

Do email if you see any synergies. Thank you.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:17   #4

Hello,

Glad to see my email wasn't being ignored b/c I said something silly or stupid.

Your photographs are incredible. The little racing I have done pales in comparison. How exciting to be going to Cuba!

How will your catamaran make it back to Maryland if you are going back to San Francisco? (Maybe I missed something.) Looking at my calendar the very earliest I could leave Raleigh would be 2/29, so that may not work with your calendar.

I worked food prep at Syracuse too, but that was many years ago. Wasn't a bad PT job.

Best regards,
Dwen
Old 02-03-2016, 09:10   #5

Hi! Did you fill this position yet? I am interested in joining you. Please let me know if there is still availability and I will email you my resume and details etc...

Thank you!

Victoria