Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 17:25   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Considering Private Charter (Start Up ) in Tampa area - Looking for the Right Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Adeline View Post
Seems to be a lot of internal rage SJWs being released in this thread...

FIFY
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:54   #32

Re: Considering Private Charter (Start Up ) in Tampa area - Looking for the Right Par

I would be interested to talk about the idea, since I was planning the same thing in the Venice area. Please pm me if you want to share thoughts
Ed
elittke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 13:39   #33

I ask the forum administration to carefully read posts with the word the discrimination. And, if there is no discrimination, then ruthlessly block the author. Ruthlessly. Otherwise, there will be no cruise forum, but a forum of insignificant chatter about discrimination.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 14:02   #34

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
I ask the forum administration to carefully read posts with the word the discrimination. And, if there is no discrimination, then ruthlessly block the author. Ruthlessly. Otherwise, there will be no cruise forum, but a forum of insignificant chatter about discrimination.
I thought Rednecks were against government intrusion into our lives ??
captlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 15:08   #35

Against, against. Lords too. I am in favor of leaving arguments about discrimination .. precisely, to the government. And here on the forum to create a special section for fans who love talk about discrimination. I'm sick of it word. I think for the rest, too.
Old 06-11-2019, 16:37   #36

Boat: Southern Cross 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckrob View Post
So again personal attack on the person pointing out discrimination and stereotyping, something to be proud of?
Being discriminating in choosing a business partner is in no way "discrimination" as you've been using the word. If chose to bring in a partner to my business I could choose whomever I want, maybe based on haircut...
mabowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 16:48   #37

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415

On a legal pretense - it's not a hire relationship so labor laws don't apply.

On a "every other" pretense - you can choose who ever you want to do business with. I'd say going into business with someone is more entwining than marriage. Choose your partner wisely as it may cost you everything (not just 1/2)
Old 06-11-2019, 17:23   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
Discrimination - discrimination is prejudiced treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction towards, a person based on the group, class, or category to which the person is perceived to belong.

OP -"If you:
- are a seasoned sailor over age 27"

You may disagree that it's OK to specifically excluded a group of people based on age. You can't with any degree of reasonableness claim it is not discriminating to specifically exclude a group. Calling for me personally to be "ruthlessly" blocked simply because you don't like my viewpoint is a pretty violent reaction to that truth, especially ironic given that I'm being accused of having anger issues despite a complete polite, civil, and non violent set of posts where I've been repeatedly attacked personally while scrupulously avoiding any personal attacks. Even richer that there are all kinds of "insignificant chatter" everywhere here that you appear to be just fine with, but I need to be treated "ruthlessly"? Clearly this has brought out a very ugly side of things, so I'm going to simply ask that all of you please think about what you say and why you choose to vehemently attack certain people and certain posts when they make you uncomfortable and ask yourself if "ruthless" personal attacks are really a good thing, ever?
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:50   #39

Some people simply explicitly abuse the word the discrimination. They just do not understand that the flip side of the coin of this word is insignificant information, false accusations and slander.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:40   #40

when I started fishing guide in st pete beach after early retirement and as a former dive instructor, I considered including dive trips in addition to fishing.
The liability insurance cost convinced me not worth it for a single operator.
Hope this helps.
Capt. Jack
St. Pete Beach
BocaIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48   #41

Smile Re: Considering Private Charter (Start Up ) in Tampa area - Looking for the Right Par

Hi TMT2,
I'm interested in your post as a potential customer. Was raised in Sarasota and still have family and friends in Sarasota, and St. Pete. Occasionally we like to find ways to get out on the water, like we used to. Are you considering day charters around Tampa Bay or overnighters and longer, to say, Boca Grand or Key West, or even possibly Cuba? When do you think you will get things up-and-running?

(To the rest of you, I think RedNeckRob has eloquently articulated his argument and reasons for pointing this out. I read the whole string. If after reading his responses you feel like he has raged or is simply being a "bellyacher" about social injustice, then you might want to read what he wrote more slowly. He has made us all think a little more deeply about this, and that's good. For many, discriminatory practices aren't worth consideration, until they are experienced directly.)
oceanminifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:29   #42

Boat: Nothing large at the moment

I would like to complement TM2T for not unloading on everyone who has hijacked their thread!
Tingum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:47   #43

Cleverly disguised as "hey, look after my boat full time and I"ll split the charter profits (if we get any)"
Steve Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 14:35   #44

Boat: 1975 Gulfstar M53

Thanks Oceanminifish! PM sent.

Thanks Tingum!
TMT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:52   #45

Boat: Seaward 32RK

U.S. Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission
"Age Discrimination:
Age discrimination involves treating an applicant or employee less favorably because of his or her age.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) forbids age discrimination against people who are age 40 or older. It does not protect workers under the age of 40, although some states have laws that protect younger workers from age discrimination. It is not illegal for an employer or other covered entity to favor an older worker over a younger one, even if both workers are age 40 or older.
Discrimination can occur when the victim and the person who inflicted the discrimination are both over 40."

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/age.cfm
Bromo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter