Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 09:18   #1

Charleston to NYC May/June2017

Greetings, I am planning a passage on my well stocked Leopard 42 to NYC from home port Charleston, returning Sept/Oct. Looking for an experienced cat sailor for the two passages. Already have one cat experienced hand, a third would make night watch more pleasant. I have extensive monohull experience but limited large cat exp. My cat is in excellent condition with most available electronics and safety gear. Dink and life raft, satellite weather, AIS, multiple DSC, EPIRB. Looking for a weather window for easy passage. May stop for fuel, rest, midway. I am married, retired 68 yo male engineer/executive spending summers cruising New England waters and warm waters in winter.
Last Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 14:30   #2

Boat: H33
Re: Charleston to NYC May/June2017

Hello,
I saw your ad for crew. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of Cat experience like you are looking for but thought I would contact.

I have over 25 years experience sailing monohulls and have owned a 14'sloop, H29 and H33 over those years. I have sailed the LI sound and NJ coast for years and would like to give coastal sailing a try.

I am a young, energetic 69 y.o. retired professional in good health. I have some emergency medical knowledge and have done my own boat and diesel maintenance on both boats. I do not smoke, am relatively agile, do not use drugs, and reportedly have a relaxed disposition. (That may be debatable.)

Finances would not be an issue for traveling to or from Charleston or NYC. I live at the Jersey shore and Westfield, NJ.

Love to sail, like adventure, am married but the wife would not be joining me. Again though, no cat experience.

Thanks,

Stu
Lehigh375@aol.com
lehigh375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 07:52   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: Charleston to NYC May/June2017

Paid position? I am a multihull builder and captain. Local references in Charleston, as I was one of the shipwrights on the "Spirit of South Carolina " build.
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nyc