Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2016, 09:16   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Charleston to Fort Lauderdale, then to Bimini

Hi All,

I am seeking one, two or three competent crew to help me sail my Lagoon 420 down the eastern seaboard (on the outside, not the ICW) from Charleston to Fort Lauderdale. Depending on the number of crew available I will go for day sails or overnights on the way to Fort Lauderdale.

While this boat is new to me, I'm not a new sailor. I've single handed the Inside Passage twice in a 26 foot sailboat; most of my sailing has been in the Pacific Northwest. I am 60 years old, single by choice, retired psychotherapist, very fit, easy going, fun to socialize with and prefer the company of emotionally coherent, friendly people who are also concerned about the hothead in the White House - and how to make America loving again.

Once in Fort Lauderdale, I plan to provision and await a suitable crossing to Bimini. My boat is equipped with a scuba compressor and four tanks. I have a couple friends who will be meeting me there to cruise the Bahamas. If the crew coming from CHS to FLL works out I'm glad to have more to join the gang.

Please drop a private message if you might be interested to join, I'm hoping to take off from Charleston in the next few days.

I plan to cover fuel and food on the boat.

Cheers

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 10:56   #2

Boat: Norseman 447
Re: Charleston to Fort Lauderdale, then to Bimini

Pm sent, I think. Greg4cocokai at yahoo dot com
Old 22-11-2016, 07:31   #3

Hi Rob,

I'm currently sailing down from Ft. Lauderdale to KeyWest on a sailboat. Will be arriving in Key West by mid-December Dec. 10-15th. From there, I'll be looking to get down to Caribbean.

I'm new to sailing, but have an adventurous spirit, and physically fit and active. I'm a single 36 years young woman . I am a veteran at outdoor adventures, I've through-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 1999, hiking over 3,400km from Georgia to Maine and canoed from Winnipeg to Lake Superior, a 50-day trek, over 1000km. I own a seasonal tourism business in Canada and am enjoying my off-season.

I've recently completed the STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping) as well as my ENG1, which is a medical test. In order to work on vessels.

If this timeline may line up with your trip. Let me know.

Cheers,
Anne Marie
AnneMarie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 15:37   #4

Boat: Lagoon 420

Hi Anne Marie,

I'm going to sail to Fort Lauderdale in the next weeks, then head to Bimini. Will be in bahamas for a good stretch. Are you interested in cruising there? That's where I will be mid dec. I'm interested in Cuba next.

I love Carib too. Shout back if you want to talk more.

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 13:12   #5

Boat: Vancouver 25

Hi Rob,

My name is Bob McReynolds and I'm interested in joining you for the trip from FL to the Bahamas. I have done the Inside Passage to within about 150 nm of Alaska on a friends 31' sailboat that his father built. I have also done both a 7 and 8 month single handing trips on a Cape Dory 27 and a Vancouver 27. My girl friend of 30 years gets seasick and can't live without the AC. Sailed thru the Bahamas 6 times and would love to go to Cuba. Lots of offshore sailing experience on large cats. As to politics, I voted for Gary Johnson. US national debt, balance budget, and ending stupid wars are important to me. Hopefully, Trump can make some changes.

I posted an ad today in the 'Crew Available' page you might want to look at. There is also a link to my website, which is very out of date, under my profile. I'm available after Christmas for up to about 4 months.

Thanks,
Bob
bobmcreynold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bimini, fort lauderdale