Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2019, 13:48   #1

Caribbean, central america and/or passage to europe

Hola ¡ Hello ¡ Bonjour ¡ Bom Dia ¡

I am Mathias, looking to embark as crew member on a sailing ship for either sailing in the caribbean, in central america and/or crossing to Europe.

I am a 39 male, in good shape, flexible, friendly, easy-going and willing to make efforts. Half argentinian half french, traveller since ever, music player and lover, nature addict, university professor on (long) break, and various other things we'd have time to discuss.

Here is my sailing experience: I did a 15 days conveying of a boat from Lisbon to Marseille on a 13m sailing boat with a crew of 3; a 10 days crossing from canarias to cabo verde on a similar boat; and a 23 days crossing from Cabo Verde to Brasil on a 14m boat hand-made from recycling materials. I learnt a lot but I still consider myself a debutant. On these boats I have been doing all kind of sailing tasks and in the end could do many on my own. It is not a lot of experience, but I'm a hard worker, quick learner and above all I believe I have a very good spirit on board ¡

I offer helping hands on board: maneuvers, nightwatch, maintenance, cooking, cleaning, guitar lessons, no problem I am up for anything ! I'm pretty good with computer and electronics too. I can speak french, spanish, english, portuguese. I'm willing to pay all expenses to/from the boat as well as participating in the daily sailing costs. I am ONLY looking for boats with shared expenses as I value the human experience. Please do not contact me for any comercial offers.

I am looking for similarly-minded ship crew, would like to meet or speak first (at least a phone conversation) in order to know each other and discuss all that is needed before departure. I´m available immediatly. I can also come some time before to help preparing the boat, and I'm more than ok for a few days sailing trial.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you and happy sailing,

Mathias.
chani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 06:30   #2
cruiser

Re: Caribbean, central america and/or passage to europe

36 morgan o.i. in fl. Phil 83-853-8867
wander 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 11:48   #3

Hi Mathias; 30' Gaia II, Halifax, NS, currently at Indiantown, Fla. Heading for Exumas, S. Cuba, Caymans to Belize cruising grounds. Eventually laying up in Rio Dulce.
I'm 63, reasonably fit, have sailed the Caribbean and Bahamas as well as Eastern Seaboard from NS to Trinidad during the last ten winters. Would like to have crew, especially from Georgetown, Bah. onwards.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:51   #4

Hello,
Thx for the proposals.sorry I should have mentioned I am not interested in sailing from or to the us
Happy sailing!
chani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chani View Post
Hello,
Thx for the proposals.sorry I should have mentioned I am not interested in sailing from or to the us
Happy sailing!
You'd be Welcome to join in the Bahamas. There are four air strips in the Exumas and flights from Nassau are usually $110.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 13:58   #6

I am leaving Stuart Florida around April 1st.going to Belize/guatemala.the boat is a very well equipped double ender .please email me at steve.decter@gmail.com if interested.
steverino333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, Central America, Europe, passage, rib, rope