Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 13:55   #1

Buzzard Bay to Long Island

Looking for crew or single to ferry my boat from Onset Mass. (Wareham) to Sayville Long Island. It's a short fun trip, watch the whales around Montauk Point. I ran out of vacation time and need to get it to home port. The vessel is
a 1979 Sailcraft Iroquois Catamaran. If you are not familar, these are very sturdy British built. It has a 9.9 Yamaha, other basic equipment. I can work around your schedule, I just can't get any more time off work to make the trip.
Gold plan with Sea Tow just in case so no worries. peteblackshaw@gmail.com
Dove1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 21:57   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Buzzard Bay to Long Island

Hey Pete, My sympathies on being tied down at work, I also have an intractable schedule that has me out West for the rest of August, which probably means my early September availability is not helpful, if your timeline is more ASAP. I'd guess that you'd catch a long weekend for Labor Day and so be able to do this yourself, if you ended up waiting that long. But if so, I'd love to crew with you on your Iroquois Cat, as I'd not been on one and they sound to be fun sailors - and can manage 18kts in moderate breeze, according to one web report. And it would seem the 200 nm would be able to be done in a long day, with two taking watches. If you weren't able get free, I'd do this with my nephew, who's also able bodied crew. But again, I'd assume your goal is to get something much sooner than early Sept, marina schedules and such. But that said, do feel free to drop me a line anytime you might want an extra crew member.
So in any case, Cheers.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Long Island