Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 17:49   #16

Re: British Columbia mid-July to mid-August

Lantau, plenty interested. I have lots of sailing experience. Let's talk.
Captain Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:06   #17

I have interest and time if you are still seeking a hand or two. Brian 5417605957
rescueguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 10:26   #18

Hello Skipper,
From your description, my wife and I seem to fit the bill for your adventure. We are both Canadian, and my wife is a "dually," and I am working on my US citizenship.

We both like to sail, I have skippered boats up to a Maple Leaf 42, cruising in both the San Juan Islands and the Gulf Islands, and sailed to Hawaii as part of a team of 3 (34 days from Neah Bay to Hilo. I have also helped a friend sail his 46 foot sailboat to Nanaimo from Blaine and both Susan and I have a Nexus card to expeditiously navigate the Canadian/US border.

I went up to Chatterbox Falls early in my sailing adventures, and then again 25 years later. It might be a point of interest on the way to Desolation Sound?

We had originally planned to canoe the Bowron Lakes this summer but with the current fire hazard having closed the parks in BC that option is quickly vanishing.

Susan and I are both decent cooks.

We look forward to touching base with you if what we have shared speaks to you. As a vocation I instructed marketing and operations management, while Susan works as a dealer in a card room in Bellingham. We are both easy going and flexible. Susan does not have much sailing experience but we both love nature and all the sea has to offer!
Susan and Wolf
sarthurlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 01:27   #19

Hey Lanteau

I can attest that 1Sunseeker gave you good advice on places. I live in Vic. and have sailed these waters for the last 30 years in my own boat, many times to desolation, once around Vanc. Isl. and sometimes up the west coast.

Places not to miss: Princess Louisa Inlet - spectacular, overnight at secret cove, egmont Mamilulacula is magicial - used to be able to see many totems, and the shell midden on the beach is 20 ft deep so people had live there for thousands and thousands of years.. Alert Bay used to be worth a stop, but the whole blackfish archipelago is good to explore because most people just stop at Desolation sound.

BTW I am fancy free, and subject to temptation if there is a "photo expedition" element to it, i.e. I would like to photograph grizzlies, kermode bears etc, and my old racing boat isnt that comfortable to me any more for cruising.. I just day sail out of Victoria with it. my instagram is https://www.instagram.com/wanderinghoneybadger/. I have been sailing since 1986, racing hard for 10 years, cruised a lot of BC and washington state, plus San Diego to Cabo, and a month in the Marshall Islands. Can cook, boat repair & maintenance, piloting, etc etc..

Brant
bcislandguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
british columbia, columbia