Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26   #1

Boat: 58 Leopard
Belize: Full-Time Permanent Charter Crew Wanted

Looking to launch a catamaran charter business in Belize in early 2016 with a new six stateroom Leopard 58. Seeking a crew couple to run the boat and the business.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:42   #2

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Belize: Full-Time Permanent Charter Crew Wanted

Have you read " Don't Stop The Carnival" yet? Its prerequisite reading to doing business in Belize.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:24   #3

Boat: Freedom Express 39 cat ketch

I didn't realize that book was a common "business guide" over there too. I thought it was just around the USVI. Truly an ageless classic. Briefly I considered naming my boat Norman, out of respect to the main character. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 05-03-2015, 11:52   #4

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

I think it applies anywhere Tropical. Best read once before you start the venture and then after you are done with it...its much funnier the second time!

I closed my business in Belize back in 2011 so still need to go back and read it again...or at least read some selections from it.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:08   #5

Boat: Freedom Express 39 cat ketch

I first read it a week after we moved to St Thomas on the advice of many. My impression was that it was silly fiction. I reread it a year later and was astounded as to the accuracy of the situations depicted in the book and how they paralleled my personal experiences! Required reading for anyone contemplating a major change in latitude.

Old 05-03-2015, 18:20   #6

Have you found crew yet?

Old 06-03-2015, 07:59   #7

Boat: C22

Keep in touch. We would consider this. My wife is currently getting her duel citizenship and I am working on my Masters rating. Are you looking for a Captain or just crew?

knotcrazysailing@gmail.com
Old 06-03-2015, 09:39   #8

I have managed a catamaran charter business in Placencia. Be happy to give you some advice. If you can source local crew, it will save you a ton of trouble with work permits, tour guide restrictions, entrance to marine parks, etc. (most local captains are also tour guides and you have to have a tour guide on your boat to do almost everything) Local guys also have local knowledge of the waters. It can be a bit of a mine field inside the reef and charts aren't that great. The cruising guide is the best option. I have worked with a couple of good local captains here with big cat charter experience that I could refer you to.
The problem with local captains is most don't have a Yachtmaster designation and your Insurance company will want that. Local guys will have a Belize Commercial Catamaran license which your Insurance company won't recognize. Belize doesn't recognize a Yachtmaster license, only their own issued licenses so the locals don't see a need to attain it. A Yachtmaster coming to work in Belize will also have to take the local test to be legal here.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:21   #9

Im interested, please get in touch.
Old 06-03-2015, 17:36   #10

Hi there,

I am interested in getting some more information regarding your Belize Charter Couple add. My partner is a RYA Dayskipper and a USCG 50 ton Master and I am an RYA Dayskipper, in route to do the Yachtmaster course.

We are both young, friendly and professional, with references.

Please contact us with more information if you are interested and we will be happy to arrange a phone call or answer questions through email.

Cheers!

Miranda and Jesse
Old 08-03-2015, 13:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjposton View Post
Looking to launch a catamaran charter business in Belize in early 2016 with a new six stateroom Leopard 58. Seeking a crew couple to run the boat and the business.
Hi there,
My name is Nicholas Bell
I have seen your advertisement.
I would like to express mine and my partners interest in the position.

A bit about our background.

I currently hold my RYA yacht master ocean sail 200gt, commercial. AEC engineering license, commercial. I am able to upgrade to my MCA 200GT if needed.

I have extensive experience on luxury vessels up to 30 meters as i am currently a mate engineer in the superyacht mediterreanen industry. I am competent with onboard mechanical system maintenance.

My partner is a stewardess and is capable of cooking and charter service. She has 2+ years experience on vessels up to 30m with high end clients.

We are both young and active professional crew

If we suit your needs please do not hesitate to contact me at nickymo@live.co.uk and i can forward our cv's
Old 04-04-2015, 07:12   #12

HAVE YOU AN EMAIL,
I AM YM OFFSHORE COMMECIALLY, AEC, GMDSS GOC, TENDER OPERATOR AND PADI DIVING AND 20.000 MN OF REAL SAILING NAVIGATION.
I HAVE ALSO A COUPLE

Tags
Belize, charter, crew, crew wanted, wanted