Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2019, 18:28   #1

BaJa - HAHA XXVI 2019

I'd love to help on a boat that is looking for crew for the Baja- HAHA. I'm trying to log some hours. I can buy my own food and help anyway you need. I enjoy being helpful and working as a team.

Im 44 year old man, happily married with kids. I dont drink alcohol or smoke tobacco but not uptight and dont mind smoking and drinking. . I'm a big guy and can help with heel. 5'9 250lbs. I live near Phoenix, az but i have family in california and wouldnt be a problem getting to San diego or anywhere in Southern California.

I have completed asa 101 and will be finishing and 103/104 in august. We will be purchasing a boat in san carlos in the future.

I can fix almost anything if I try and there is you tube for the rest. I'd loved to be considered and add some time to the log books. Up to 4 nights would be perfect. Anything Longer then 4 nights my wife will think I'm vacationing without her.

Thanks for considering me. If you have something similar let me know. I might be able to make it work.
Cmechilln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 19:11   #2

Re: BaJa - HAHA XXVI 2019

i mean 8 nights not 4. I can be out about a week if need be. I wouldnt abandon ship no matter how long it took. My family would understand and be fine.
Old 26-06-2019, 20:45   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

Can’t do Haha in eight nights. After the start there is no way to get back until you reach Cabo. Starts on a Monday and you would arrive Cabo following Thursday. You could technically abandon ship in Turtle Bay but it is 100 miles to the nearest paved road. Beg for a couple more days. It is worth it. I’ve done it three times but not this year. Good luck.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 21:09   #4

I love this woman. She gave me the ok to go for as many days as needed for this event. She is pretty cool.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:16   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 349, FP 47, Sense 50, J 42ds

Start looking now. Baja Ha-Ha Cruisers Rally: Crew Lists If you can pop over before the race to get some practice with the crew and the boat it would be really helpful. Good to know who you are travelling with. It makes all the difference in the world for safety and enjoyment. Every year you find a few crew in Turtle Bay or Santa Maria begging to get off a boat that is either poorly prepared or with a terrible crew.
The Haha also ends up with some folks that shouldn't be out there so you should get to know their resume (and their boat's). The Haha is very popular so easy to get crew. It is a wonderful experience. Last year I was approached by an attractive young woman a week before the start looking for a berth. She had just landed from France, a decent sailing background, with a great personality. She came to the party the day before the race still looking for a ride.
Zzmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 11:06   #6

Ill head over there now. I know my odds of getting on a boat would be better if i was an attractive French girl but here i am. My Grandma though i was handsome thats what counts. If they HAHA

Tags
baja