Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2016, 10:05   #1

Boat: Roberts 53
Bahamas Cruise Nov. 15, 2016 on

I will be cruising to The Bahamas from Florida around Nov. 15, 2016 and would welcome one or two crew members. Sailing, diving, local ports and beaches are on the schedule. Christmas will probably find us in Georgetown, Exumas. I have a 53 foot steel mid-cockpit cutter in outstanding condition. We will be buddy boating with a friend who has a boat similar to mine.

Preference will be given to sailing experience and above all, a willing and personable shipboard attitude. This is a non-paid position and applicants should be willing to cover most of their own expenses. I have an easy going and "laid back" personality and appreciate low maintenance, no drama types. It is important we meet before departure to see how we might get along. I am currently in Marathon, FL (Florida Keys)

I am looking forward to this cruise as an opportunity to have a fantastic time. If you have positive contributions to make to the venture you'd be welcome aboard.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:54   #2

Re: Bahamas Cruise Nov. 15, 2016 on

Would love to know more information to crew with you. Please contact me, palmiery@yahoo.com.
Quick Bio:
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Non smoker
60 years old, great shape
Coaches high school tennis
Avid tennis player
Can cook, not a chef
Married, has two grownup daughters both lives in Seattle
I live in Ottumwa, Ia.
Certification ASA 104
Sailed:
Lagoon 47
Catalina 22
Hobie 16
Laser
Santana 20

Carl
Old 10-10-2016, 18:22   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook

Good to see another sailor from IA. I'm near Mason City, IA...

http://charlescook.com/Resume/CookCh...tingResume.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmiery View Post
Would love to know more information to crew with you. Please contact me, palmiery@yahoo.com.
Quick Bio:
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Non smoker
60 years old, great shape
Coaches high school tennis
Avid tennis player
Can cook, not a chef
Married, has two grownup daughters both lives in Seattle
I live in Ottumwa, Ia.
Certification ASA 104
Sailed:
Lagoon 47
Catalina 22
Hobie 16
Laser
Santana 20

Carl
Old 14-10-2016, 23:37   #4

Hey,
I'm Lori. Grew up on a DeFour 27, circumnavigated with my ex on a CSY 44. I am currently in Roatan, Honduras but traveling to Tampa October 22nd.
Missing boat life but was also looking for a paying job as I spent all summer trekking around Europe. So broke broke.
Your trip ad reminded me that there are things more important than money.
Hope to hear from you. Peace and love ♡
Lori
Old 21-10-2016, 15:56   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to JPierreGaudreau

Hi Robert,

What is the time schedule, I mean how long do you need a crew?
Old 21-10-2016, 21:03   #6

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob612 View Post
I will be cruising to The Bahamas from Florida around Nov. 15, 2016 and would welcome one or two crew members. Sailing, diving, local ports and beaches are on the schedule. Christmas will probably find us in Georgetown, Exumas. I have a 53 foot steel mid-cockpit cutter in outstanding condition. We will be buddy boating with a friend who has a boat similar to mine.

Preference will be given to sailing experience and above all, a willing and personable shipboard attitude. This is a non-paid position and applicants should be willing to cover most of their own expenses. I have an easy going and "laid back" personality and appreciate low maintenance, no drama types. It is important we meet before departure to see how we might get along. I am currently in Marathon, FL (Florida Keys)

I am looking forward to this cruise as an opportunity to have a fantastic time. If you have positive contributions to make to the venture you'd be welcome aboard.
Do you need any fill ins? I might be able to join in for 7-10 days
Old 28-10-2016, 08:24   #7

Hi , Me and my wife would love to join you on your adventure. At least part of it. We are in the early stages of getting a boat of our own and joining the cruising world. But first we are hoping to meet up with people like you to learn from. We have arranged to be off of work from Nov 19 to Dec 20. I can also get time of at the end of Jan for about 3 weeks too if that would fit your schedule better.

A little about us. We are in our early thirties and currently living in Columbus OH. I am an airline pilot and my wife (Flavia) has just finished law school and studying for the bar exam. She is from Brazil and I am originally from WV. We used to live in Fort Lauderdale when I was doing flight training. Thats when I it into my head that I wanted to sail and I havent been able to shake it.

We would love to hear more about you and your plans and if it looks like our schedules could work out maybe set up a meeting over drinks.

Hope to hear from you soon.
304 550 5746
kevin.varallo@gmail.com

Kevin and Flavia

Tags
Bahamas, cruise