Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2018, 18:41   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 40ft Alloy Centre Board
Send a message via Skype™ to nixontankgirl
Australian Based Crew Required

Yacht Delivery Solutions Ltd have recently completed several successful deliveries in Australia and we have more coming up.

We are actively seeking available and responsible crew members to assist with these deliveries.

The positions on board are paid and require some previous experience, we also cover travel arrangements to and from the vessel and cover expenses while on board.
Old 25-02-2018, 00:31   #2

Re: Australian Based Crew Required

pm sent

Jeff
Ivory Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 00:51   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thank you for the replies. At this point YDS have Captains. We are short of crew, either deck hands or mates.

That's not to say we won't need Captains in the future!
Old 29-03-2018, 23:00   #4

Hi, I am an ex-professional skipper, with RYA Ocean Yachtmasters ticket with Blue water endorsement. 25 years experience, 10 of it as paid captain/ crew.
Based in Melbourne, I run my own business and am able to take time off to crew on deliveries.
My partner is relatively new to sailing, but a real natural, and very keen to further her experience with some ocean crossings/ coastal deliveries.
We are based in Melbourne, and would be keen to crew on any deliveries you have.
Paul Tonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 13:10   #5

Boat: PERRY 43 PASSAGEMAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixontankgirl View Post
Thank you for the replies. At this point YDS have Captains. We are short of crew, either deck hands or mates.

That's not to say we won't need Captains in the future!
Captain is a rank between Commander and Commodore in the Defence Forces.
There are no Captains in the merchant Navy the correct term is Master.
Popeye
Popeye46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 02:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixontankgirl View Post
Yacht Delivery Solutions Ltd have recently completed several successful deliveries in Australia and we have more coming up.

We are actively seeking available and responsible crew members to assist with these deliveries.

The positions on board are paid and require some previous experience, we also cover travel arrangements to and from the vessel and cover expenses while on board.
I am a italian pensioner with great taste of the sea and much time available. I spent most of life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. log trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to Panama. From Rotterdam to London, Casablanca, Canaries Caribian islands, Cuba Florida with motorboat Can be 1 mate or/and cook. Have the US visa DS 160.
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 15:05   #7

Boat: Custom sailing catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye46 View Post
Captain is a rank between Commander and Commodore in the Defence Forces.
There are no Captains in the merchant Navy the correct term is Master.
Popeye
Actually. For any "boat" the correct term is "Skipper"!
Master is for those who have the skills experience and qualifications to take charge of any ship.
Captain is, in the merchant marine, a courtesy title for a Master who has commanded a ship.

Most of us, however, prefer Master, as traditionally, both in Navy and merchant ships, the Master was the person who knew what they were doing. The "Captain" was the aristocrat, ignorant ponce who bought the position.

However, in the USA, everyone in charge of a ten foot dinghy is "Captain" just as every accounts Clerk is a " manager". Usage which is, unfortunately, creeping into other English speaking countries.
KJThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 16:21   #8
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Can we keep on track? The post is about looking for crew not the subtleties of the English language. I am sure they're other websites for that.

You can go there and discuss why captain of industry should be "master of industry", the bell captain in hotels should be the "bell master" and how Kirk of Star Trek should of been called Master Kirk. Let's not forget about the rugby master. And what about women's rugby? Should the leader be called the masteress?
Old 04-04-2018, 16:29   #9

Gday, im based on the Gold Coast, Australia, have a Yachtmaster ticket and am available to crew. I am current with STCW10, Marine First aid and ESS.
Will Barbarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 17:07   #10

Hi I am keen to get my sea miles up and learn.I am based in brisbane and would not expect to be paid as long as i'm learning .It sounds like you have some good captains .I can be a handy deck hand or first mate
cameron82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, crew