Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2017, 14:16   #1

Boat: Lagoon 42
ARC Nov-Dec 2017

Hello all. I will be on sabbatical in 2017-2018 and available to crew in the upcoming Canaries-St. Lucia ARC. I will be available to join the boat in the Canaries or mainland Spain as needed. I have a profile in OceanCreLink but I wanted to put the ad here in case any of you know of possible crewing opportunities.

I race in the Great Lakes and have completed multiple ASA and RYA courses up to RYA Coastal Skipper. I have some blue water experience, including crewing on the Eastbound ARC in 2016 (BVI-Bermuda leg) - references available. I am comfortable doing compass steering, night watches, chart navigation, cooking (I'm the cook in my house) and any other crew role. I have experience in both catamarans and monohulls (up to 45ft) including FP Helia 44 (skipper), Bavaria 45 (Skipper), Lagoon 39 (Skipper), Oceanis 400 (Skipper/student), Dehler 40 (crew/student), Island Spirit 40 Cat (crew/student), Catalina 30 (crew), J24 (skipper and racing crew), Prout 40 (crew - ocean passage). I am interested in gaining blue water miles for future YM exam and in preparation for own circumnavigation.

When not sailing, I'm a professor at a University in the USA. I have a very laid back, amicable personality and integrate well with any crew. I am originally from Venezuela although I have lived in the USA for the last 25 years. I speak fluent Spanish and English. I do not smoke, but I am ok if others do.

I am vegetarian but very easy going about it. I don't expect any special food accommodations - I simply let others eat my fish rations. I am respectful of everyone's food choices. Being a vegetarian does not interfere with my ability to do any crew role.

I can pay my way to and from the boat. Please PM me if you have questions or know anyone looking for crew. Thanks! Nestor.
BlueBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc