Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 17:08   #1

Anyone in Chicago need some help or company?

Hi, new to the forum and new to sailling. Been interested for years but been busy with work and my freetime and money has always gone to motorcyles and travel in the past. Sailing keeps popping back into my mind however.

I really have no experience aside from being on a couple hobies on vacation and maybe being on a big sailboat dinner cruise once or twice but don't know much. Been trying to educte myself online and youtube as far as wind theory, safety, learning terminology. I plan on taking some classes at the Jackson Harbor in Chicago but would love to just get out on the water and be around sailboats more, learn more, etc.

If any of you guys have sailboats on lake michigan I'd love to help out if you need any help. Like I said I'm a total nube but happy to help clean the boat, help you with maintenance, etc if it means I can spend some time on the water.

A bit about me, I'm 30, live in the west burbs of Chicago. I work a fulltime job and also have a business on the side. I like music, laid back guy, easygoing, respectful,hardworking. I'm generally free on the weekends, sometimes after work and I generally have a weekday of my choosing off work every other week.

Look forward to hopefully learning a lot from you guys and maybe getting out on the water.