Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2018, 20:22   #1

Boat: Bavaria 47 Ocean CC
Any comments Appreciated

C R E W W A N T E D

Hello Friends
Following is an itinerary, which should be looked upon as an outline for a series of passages. As the actual dates and passage times may vary a lot depending on weather conditions and other factors such as crew change overs. The timing has been selected to avoid rough weather and rely on the trade wind direction at this time of the year to make way in as comfortable a way as possible

The most difficult part of the planning is to maintain a minimum of 3 crew members including me, but ideally 4 people needed to take the S V Sabu from Brisbane to Krabi as some members may only want to take a few days of the trip. This is why i am putting it out there now to see if anyone is interested in joining to help plan the voyage. If the response is good and there are more than one person wanting to join for a particular part of the voyage i will put conflicting wishes in a hat to make a choice

S V Sabu will be totally virgoed for the voyage and well prepared in every way. This yacht has already completed a long ocean voyage from Germany to Australia via the Americas without any problems so it is a well proven vessel.

As i have been sailing around since my first boat after leaving high school and much latter in a similar boat to Sabu for 12 years sailing along the east coast of Australia i feel very comfortable and confident of being able to compete the planned adventure in a boat that is well equipped with all modern safety and navigation aids. After a long stay in Thailand my plan is to head off across the Indian Ocean to Madagascar but that is another story

Available Accommodation consists of
1 double berth for 2 people and
1 single cabin for 1 person

The only cost will be to share the cost of fuel, food and beverages, laundry and items for personal use. A kitty will be arranged for these purchases

Whilst the boat is extremely spacious and there are places to have some private alone time storage space is limited so what you would like to bring along with you will have to be discussed beforehand

Look forward to hearing from you

love and hugs

douglas

ref: ww.sea-seek.com/tools/tools.php
at 5 kts / hr

May 8 - 11
Brisbane - Bundaberg 265 nm 3 days

May 12 - 13 - Bundaberg

May 14 - 16
Bundaberg - Mackay 312 nm 3 days

May 17 - 19 - Mackay

May 20 - 23
Mackay - Cairns 361 nm 3 days

May 24 - 26 - Cairns

May 27 - 28
Cairns - Cooktown 102 nm 1 day

May 29 - June 2
Cooktown - Port Moresby PNG 559 nm 5 days

June 3 - 7 - Port Moresby

June 8 - 18
Port Moresby - Timor - Leste 1201 nm 10 days

June 18 - 23 Timor - Leste

June 24 -28
Timor - Makassar South Sulawasi Indonesia 491 nm 4 days

June 29 - July 4 Makassar

July 5 - 8
Makassar - Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia 413 nm 4 days

July 9 - 14 - Surabaya

July 15 - 20
Surabaya - Singapore 740 nm 8 days

July 21 -24 - Singapore

July 24 - 25 -
Singapore - Malacca 110nm 2 days

July 26 - 28 - Malacca

July 29 - 31
Malacca - Penang 334 nm 3 days

August 1 - 4 Penang

August 2
Penang - Langkawi Malaysia 104 nm 2 days

August 3 - 6 Langkawi

August 7 - 9
Langkawi - Krabi Thailand 213 nm 2 days
dougieji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 06:12   #2

Re: Any comments Appreciated

PM sent
psiow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 14:48   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Any comments Appreciated

Cairs-Cooktown-Port Moresby ?

Cooktown is not a "Port of Entry". You will need to clear customs in Cairns and can't then stop in Cooktown.

And 6 days and 660NM is a bit out.

Cns-POM is about 455NM direct through Trinity Passage and about 470NM if you go inside past Lizard Island and out through 1 1/2 or 2 Mile passage (my preferred route). In either case, 3 1/2 days is a good planning figure.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men