Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2016, 09:16   #1

American girl looking to sail. Buenos Aires, or able to move

Hey everyone!

I've just come upon this site, and I'm hoping to learn from some people with MUCH more experience than myself and to make some great connections.

I'm a young American currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I'm free to move around where life takes me. I have scattered experience on sailboats and only a few lessons, but I'm quite able and quick to learn. I speak native English and my Spanish is pretty good, as I continue to work on it every day here!

I am ready and willing crew for people in need, and can move if necessary. No particular time limits. The most important thing to me is vibing well with the each other on the boat, and maintaining a healthy and drama-free environment all together. I'd like to help and to learn, and simply to spend as much time on the water as I can.

Please feel free to shoot me a message any time just to say hi, ask for a hand, or let me know if you know anyone in Buenos Aires.

Cheers!
Old 20-06-2016, 09:51   #2

Boat: Privilege 435
Re: American girl looking to sail. Buenos Aires, or able to move

Cari,

Welcome. Click on the 'Forums' tab on the top left and look under 'Crew Positions'; you might find what you're looking for. Good luck.
Old 20-06-2016, 14:18   #3

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari Deschak View Post
Hey everyone!

I've just come upon this site, and I'm hoping to learn from some people with MUCH more experience than myself and to make some great connections.

I'm a young American currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I'm free to move around where life takes me. I have scattered experience on sailboats and only a few lessons, but I'm quite able and quick to learn. I speak native English and my Spanish is pretty good, as I continue to work on it every day here!

I am ready and willing crew for people in need, and can move if necessary. No particular time limits. The most important thing to me is vibing well with the each other on the boat, and maintaining a healthy and drama-free environment all together. I'd like to help and to learn, and simply to spend as much time on the water as I can.

Please feel free to shoot me a message any time just to say hi, ask for a hand, or let me know if you know anyone in Buenos Aires.

Cheers!
I suggest you link up with the group comprised of (mostly North American) owners and owners-to-be of Antares 44i catamarans, which are made in BA and typically sailed North by the owners with a mix of professional and volunteer crew.

Charlie

Sent from my SM-G9287 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 20-06-2016, 15:06   #4

Charlie:

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea. I will start searching out some groups like that. Any in particular that you know of?
Old 20-06-2016, 17:39   #5

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari Deschak View Post
Charlie:

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea. I will start searching out some groups like that. Any in particular that you know of?
The big Antares 44 Google forum is restricted to owners only..

There is an Antares 44 subforum here in CF. It is a bit dead but you will find some owners there that can put you in touch with others.

That said, if I wanted to hitch a ride on an Antares I would start by getting some experience in the River Plate through networking in the local BA (not Antares) sailing scene. If you get some overnight sailing experience like BA-Punta del Este a couple of times and you do fine, you will be in a good position to hitch a ride on an Antares as far North as you want. If you have some overnight passage experience and can speak some Portuñol and English then you can be an asset for an English-only crew doing the trip along the Brazilian coast..

PM me and I can put you in touch with some of the right people.
Old 21-06-2016, 12:27   #6

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

Cari
I'd be happy to talk to you, I'm preparing a boat for a multi year circumnavigation. you can learn about me on my website
Jon

Tags
sail