Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2019, 09:54   #1

2019 Sun Odyssey 429 / Palma De Mallorca May 18-25

I am chartering a 2019 Sun Odyssey 429 from Palma De Majorca(see link below), May 18-25. It is currently on hold. I will pay the 50% deposit in the next 20 hours. The name of the boat is Limoncello.

https://www.theglobesailor.com/my-ac...tion-FS0K.html

Plan A will be to circumnavigate Majorca, conditions permitting. Plan B will be to go to Cabrera National Park and stay mainly on the east side of Majorca. I don't think we will have time to go to Cabrera and circumnavigate unless we sail at night(which is OK with me if it is suitable for the crew, the skipper agrees and the conditions permit). I am flexible about the itinerary. We can plan as we go depending on the conditions in order to have the most fun, best sailing. We don't have be anywhere except back in Palma the evening of May 24.

I am ASA certified(ASA 104), and have experience acting as the only crew besides the skipper on several similar bare boat charters. I am not experienced yet to skipper on this trip in unfamiliar waters and perhaps sailing at night. (I could safely skipper. But I would not have much fun for being constantly concerned about what comes next throughout the week.)

Crew Position #1: Skipper. Only pays his / her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis. Skipper has his own cabin. Skipper must be experienced. Skipper can bring his wife or friend to share his cabin.

Crew Position #2A(with no or little experience): Experience preferred but not required. With little or no experience crew position #2A pays for 1/2 of the boat and pays his/her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis. Crew #2 has his own cabin. Crew #2A can be a couple or friends and share a cabin and therefore each will only 1/4 of the boat then each pays his/her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis.

Crew Position #2B (with experience about equivalent to me). Everything the same as Crew Position #2A above except the person or couple or 2 friends sharing a cabin together pay 40% of the boat cost. If one of the couple or one of the two friends sharing the cabin has experience about equivalent to me, that works.

Typical day unless we decide to do a long passage will be to sail 3-6 hours, have 1 meal on board, one meal ashore, and snacks and sandwiches as the third meal on board. There will always be enough provisions on board so you do not have to eat ashore if you do not want to. Everyone will be share equally, more or less, depending on their given skills, sailing the boat, cooking, clean up after meals, and most important in the FUN!!

Let know if you have interest in participating in any of the crew positions above, by private mesage and we can discuss the details further and get acquainted better.

I arrive in Palma (PMI), at 12:40pm on May 18(Air Europe from BCN). I have a rental care arranged. If you arrive on the same flight or about the same time we can ride together to provision on the way to the boat. Check in will be about 4pm May 18. We will have light until about 9.30pm. If we get checked in good time, the crew is feeling up to, and the skipper gives the OK, we can go to a nearby anchorage the first night.

Payments will me made to the charter company(not me), except for diesel, consumables, etc. Skipper will pay a $150 deposit to the charter company, in advance, to reserve his cabin, that will go towards his share of provisions etc.

Everything will be transparent. You can see the charter contract and talk to the charter company as you wish.

Total on board will be 3-5 persons.

Let me know if you have interest by private message. If so we can discuss further and get better acquainted.

Regards,

Augi

Augi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 08:17   #2

Re: 2019 Sun Odyssey 429 / Palma De Mallorca May 18-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augi View Post
I am chartering a 2019 Sun Odyssey 429 from Palma De Majorca(see link below), May 18-25. It is currently on hold. I will pay the 50% deposit in the next 20 hours. The name of the boat is Limoncello.

Plan A will be to circumnavigate Majorca, conditions permitting. Plan B will be to go to Cabrera National Park and stay mainly on the east side of Majorca. I don't think we will have time to go to Cabrera and circumnavigate unless we sail at night(which is OK with me if it is suitable for the crew, the skipper agrees and the conditions permit). I am flexible about the itinerary. We can plan as we go depending on the conditions in order to have the most fun, best sailing. We don't have be anywhere except back in Palma the evening of May 24.

I am ASA certified(ASA 104), and have experience acting as the only crew besides the skipper on several similar bare boat charters. I am not experienced yet to skipper on this trip in unfamiliar waters and perhaps sailing at night. (I could safely skipper. But I would not have much fun for being constantly concerned about what comes next throughout the week.)

Crew Position #1: Skipper. Only pays his / her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis. Skipper has his own cabin. Skipper must be experienced. Skipper can bring his wife or friend to share his cabin.

Crew Position #2A(with no or little experience): Experience preferred but not required. With little or no experience crew position #2A pays for 1/2 of the boat and pays his/her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis. Crew #2 has his own cabin. Crew #2A can be a couple or friends and share a cabin and therefore each will only 1/4 of the boat then each pays his/her share of diesel, provisions, any mooring / dockage fees, permits, etc. equally on a per person basis.

Crew Position #2B (with experience about equivalent to me). Everything the same as Crew Position #2A above except the person or couple or 2 friends sharing a cabin together pay 40% of the boat cost. If one of the couple or one of the two friends sharing the cabin has experience about equivalent to me, that works.

Typical day unless we decide to do a long passage will be to sail 3-6 hours, have 1 meal on board, one meal ashore, and snacks and sandwiches as the third meal on board. There will always be enough provisions on board so you do not have to eat ashore if you do not want to. Everyone will be share equally, more or less, depending on their given skills, sailing the boat, cooking, clean up after meals, and most important in the FUN!!

Let know if you have interest in participating in any of the crew positions above, by private mesage and we can discuss the details further and get acquainted better.

I arrive in Palma (PMI), at 12:40pm on May 18(Air Europe from BCN). I have a rental care arranged. If you arrive on the same flight or about the same time we can ride together to provision on the way to the boat. Check in will be about 4pm May 18. We will have light until about 9.30pm. If we get checked in good time, the crew is feeling up to, and the skipper gives the OK, we can go to a nearby anchorage the first night.

Payments will me made to the charter company(not me), except for diesel, consumables, etc. Skipper will pay a $150 deposit to the charter company, in advance, to reserve his cabin, that will go towards his share of provisions etc.

Everything will be transparent. You can see the charter contract and talk to the charter company as you wish.

Let me know if you have interest by private message. If so we can discuss further and get better acquainted.

Regards,

Augi
Correction the boat is a 2019 Sun Odyssey 419.

Old 20-02-2019, 09:57   #3

I am available, if you will visit the Canary Islands and after will go to US, UK territories. No any contributions.
Atravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 10:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atravan View Post
I am available, if you will visit the Canary Islands and after will go to US, UK territories. No any contributions.
In less than than 24 hours it looks like I have a skipper and complete crew. We will be 5 on board for the week.

I hope you fulfill your dreams best of luck!
Old 20-02-2019, 10:32   #5

I also laughed. Now is February. Are you assured that you will have somebody at the end of May and still with contributions?
Old 20-02-2019, 11:11   #6

Quote:
I also laughed. Now is February. Are you assured that you will have somebody at the end of May and still with contributions?
Already have commitments and skipper and crew have agreed to send deposits. The skipper is sending $100 to go against his share of provisions to hold his cabin. The skipper is sharing a cabin with his wife. The rest of the crew is sending 50% of their share of the boat direct to the charter company to hold their berth. I have other interested parties for both skipper and crew. Plus probably unlike you alot of people are good to their word.

Not counting travel with 5 total on board it is costing each crew member under $1K for everything not including what they spend ashore. For the skipper it will cost a 250 bucks, max

Whats the problem, dude? Why the negativity? Is your handle Atravan or Ativan? 'Cause you could sure use a heavy does of Ativan so you could sit back, enjoy and reflect a little.

Keep an eye out. I likely will be marking the cruise as closed in the next 2-3 days after I receive the deposits.

I think it was easy to find skipper and crew because I chartered a new, well equipped boat from Palma, from probably the best charter company in Majorca for this type of boat. The boat is berthed in the best marina, in the best location right on the waterfront in Palma. We are going to have an excellent, fun, comfortable, safe, affordable cruise with an excellent skipper and crew.

I glad you are not part of the crew. I don't waste time with haters or negative people. We would not get along. After the second sarcastic, negative comment you would be off the boat at the next a stop.

I sincerely hope you fulfill all of your dreams.

Have a good life if you ever get a life!
Old 20-02-2019, 11:32   #7

I again laughed. LOL. People, please be carefully. On this site the swindlers work. Usually from UK. Do not send any deposits to unknown persons. Dear Sir, better think about your life as I think about my life. Better not good live with freedom than good live in prison.
Old 20-02-2019, 12:25   #8

Quote:
I again laughed. LOL. People, please be carefully. On this site the swindlers work. Usually from UK. Do not send any deposits to unknown persons. Dear Sir, better think about your life as I think about my life. Better not good live with freedom than good live in prison.

There you go again: More negativity. Nice one.

I sent the charter contract, my passport and references of people I have sailed with to the crew and skipper that have committed and are sending deposits. No one is sending me a deposit, only to the charter company. I already booked the boat and paid a 50% deposit, which is verifiable.

I have chartered three other boats in the last year with the same charter broker, GlobeSailor, which is verifiable. All the crew and skipper are in communication with each other, the charter company and my contact at GlobeSailor to verify. Everything is totally transparent.

It never crossed my mind that you were thinking that my post is some kind of fraud. You "reap what you sow" my friend. Negative, haters like you attract hate and negativity.
Old 20-02-2019, 15:20   #9

Quote:

Anyone considering having Atravan crew for them or sail with him them ought to think again. He obviously is a sarcastic, negative, hateful individual prone to make hasty, faulty assumptions as he has in his posts on this thread. Could be very dangerous at sea and a the very least uncomfortable and irritating to have on board In addition his English is not very good. I would never consider having him on board.
Old 21-02-2019, 11:33   #10

Of course, I have no hatred and negativity. I just expressed my opinion, without any shades. It is very difficult to work, even between the neighboring cities of the country, not to mention between the countries. Simply, if something goes wrong, it will be very difficult to recover money, even with a contract. Passport? I knew people who got a bank loan on someone else's passport (they just found a similar person). Somebody cans also use a photocopy of someone else's passport and negotiate with the responsible officer, who will make it so that as if the owner was and did it personally.
Old 21-02-2019, 16:32   #11

Quote:
Of course, I have no hatred and negativity. I just expressed my opinion, without any shades. It is very difficult to work, even between the neighboring cities of the country, not to mention between the countries. Simply, if something goes wrong, it will be very difficult to recover money, even with a contract. Passport? I knew people who got a bank loan on someone else's passport (they just found a similar person). Somebody cans also use a photocopy of someone else's passport and negotiate with the responsible officer, who will make it so that as if the owner was and did it personally.
The point is you made a lot of false assumptions, did not bother to even see if I had other posts on the site to get an idea if my post looking for crew was for real. Then you slammed and smeared my post. Your posts were negative, hateful and sarcastic. Not to mention unfair to me.

On top of that your conclusions were wrong that my post was dumb, expensive and too far in advance. My boat is already full pending receiving deposit from skipper and crew.

In response to any serious inquiry I am pleased to provide my passport, drivers license, ASA sailing credentials, references from peole I have sailed with and saling instructors that taught me, charter contract showing 50% deposit paid, international flights booked and paid for in my name corresponding to the charter dates, contacts at the charter broker who I have booked three boats through in the last year, contacts at the charter companies from who I chartered the boats with.

All of the above agrees and matches.

In response to any serious inquiry I am more than pleased to be completely transparent so no potential crew has to worry.

You sir, are an idiot who opens his mouth without thinking. Exactly the kind of undisciplined, non serious, negative person I would never want to sail with.

Fellow sailors think twice before having Atravan crew for you. He is prone to make false assumption, open his mouth without thinking first, and is negative, sarcastic and hateful. Not mention dangerous to have on board your boat since he speaks first and thinks second.
Old 22-02-2019, 07:44   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augi View Post

Regards,

Augi
I found skipper and crew. A moderator can close the thread.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:27   #13

Dear Sir. I, of course, deny all your false accusations. This is 100% libel. You are there by chance not from the Guatemalan prison posts scribbling? Deposits? Perhaps in the next 500 years you will get something. Maybe. You yourself are an idiot, and all the other insults are you.
Old 22-02-2019, 08:33   #14

Already received deposits from Skipper and 1 crew member as described. The boat is full.

Boy, am I glad you are not crewing on my boat. To all sailors avoid Atravan at all costs as crew.

If we happen to cross paths, I suggest give me a wide berth. Or you will be on your arse before you know it looking up.

Have a nice life!
Old 22-02-2019, 09:12   #15

In order for us to meet, you need to first get out of prison, and then get out of Guatemala and at the same time also survive. I think you have a lot of enemies and get them even more. They will take you much. So you obviously will not be up to me.
Have a nice life too!