Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 24-07-2011, 20:50   #76
CF Adviser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Worse and 'Worser'. . .

Thanks for the tip svarmido on the firefox issue. I have been manually unlinking the paragraphs after preview, which is irritating.

Back on topic, the word “Dynamic” comes to mind when I think of the Sea and sailors.

In every country and region, the tide goes in and out on political, economic and social levels. It is the competent sailor who can recognize and navigate away from troubled waters, without losing sight of his destination.

Lots of generalization spouted here about regions, but they are only specifically valid if you happen to get caught up in an event. (My experiences in SE Asia are more like Sneumans)

I wonder how the Greek charter boat business is doing these days or what will happen when the Tea Party eventually decides to become more confrontational in the US?

I always feel more comfortable being around island people who are outside the main tourism belt, self-sufficient in their food source and have the happy mind set of an extended family.

Having the craft to take me there as a visitor, makes my own cup full of opportunity.

Old 24-07-2011, 21:30   #77
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Thanks for the tip svarmido on the firefox issue. I have been manually unlinking the paragraphs after preview, which is irritating.

Back on topic, the word “Dynamic” comes to mind when I think of the Sea and sailors.

In every country and region, the tide goes in and out on political, economic and social levels. It is the competent sailor who can recognize and navigate away from troubled waters, without losing sight of his destination.

Lots of generalization spouted here about regions, but they are only specifically valid if you happen to get caught up in an event. (My experiences in SE Asia are more like Sneumans)

I wonder how the Greek charter boat business is doing these days or what will happen when the Tea Party eventually decides to become more confrontational in the US?

I always feel more comfortable being around island people who are outside the main tourism belt, self-sufficient in their food source and have the happy mind set of an extended family.

Having the craft to take me there as a visitor, makes my own cup full of opportunity.
YEA !ME too DVC

Old 25-07-2011, 08:02   #78
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Tayana 37 Cutter

and by the "logic of fear" we can now all cross Norway off our list. Of course the time to have forsworn it would have been last week, not now. That's the problem with terrorism -- it's difficult to predict. Which is precisely the reason why we need to place it in perspective in our everyday lives and move on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: