Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 24-11-2016, 00:27   #16

Aint Hot in the Mountains - Re: cruising yemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Im laughing because Saudi is the last country to be getting involved, after the USA and Europe of course

I have a lot of photos somewhere from my parents of life in Aden as a kid..... and some when I was doing medical work there. Made me want to go find them as it will never look the same again...... sigh.

And still hot.

Visited Yemen when I was working in Saudi years ago. Not hot up in the mountains, which is probably the most beautiful part of the country.

Sanaa had incredible architecture out of the 15th century. The coast reminded me of Africa. Out of town mud huts were round, with tear shaped, palm leaf roofs, and the folks were VERY black. Some striking women w. large, slanted white eyes, high cheekbones, black skin and colorful, flowing gowns.

Took some amazing photos but, they were confiscated by the Yemeni guards at the border when I tried to cross back into Saudi. Not sure exactly why that happened, but there was apparently a lot of gun smugglers and other less than reputable folks using that route. The guards kept turning my English-language passport upside down trying to read it, saying "You, Palestine? You Palestine?"

I was tempted to say, "No, me Israeli", but I bit my tongue, and finally they let me pass : )

G2L

Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, men

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: